Issue with Pensions Ombudsmen, 8years and no decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife had an accident at work 2016 which resulted in her being unable to continue her employment,, it was suggested by her union that she apply for ill health retirement this duly took place, after going through the medical procedure she was told she did not qualify and in the end she took early retirement with the knowledge she could appeal the pension decision,  duly done.

After appeal turned down she applied to the ombudsmen department 2018 and a Tpo advisor was appointed after usual backwards and forwards letters and meetings the advisor said there was a possible issue and he was handing over for an adjudicator to advise, this was November 2019.

Realise that covid+ lockdown has an effect but as of this time no adjudicator has been appointed with my wife phoning and emailing only to be told that her appeal is complicated and they were trying to locate a suitable adjudicator and phone in 3 to 6months, this has been going on for years.

My wife is in limbo and for obvious reasons feels unable to challenge the dept., and every attempt to push the issue she is told to recontact in 3/6 months at present it is January.

Please could someone help us get out of this circle is there time limits? etc can they be forced to tell us what the complication is they have refused so far.

Hello,

Unfortunately ombudsman schemes are often very backlogged and unregulated.

Have you made a complaint via  their service complaints page? If so did you refer to that further to the P&HSO? If so what did they say.

Also in regards to the original complaint, have you considered taking it through the courts?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thank you for your reply, I agree that these organisations can take time but 9years all  we want to know is there anyone out there using the service has had to wait the equivalent time.

In regards to complain my wife is worried they will drop the case as I have pointed out we may well be dead before they return a decision.

In relation to court the ombudsmen has all the information and informs us that they have to drop our case if we do so, and we would find it difficult to pay for a solicitor.

Thank you again for your input.

Edited by Parky54