JCI and old Budget Car Insurance debt Default -just started to show on credit file - i want to remove it

money2025
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, first time posting here.. please help if you can

I received a Default notice on my credit file the morning

With the following details
Opened: 03 Sep 2018 Defaulted date: 06 Jun 2019 Last updated: 10 Sep 2023

I have no record of any debt, this debt is owned by a debt collection agency, i have received no communication from them whatsoever, i also have no record of any outstanding amount with Budget Car Insurance which the debt relates to.

Should I of been told about the pending default notice?
Should I of received a default notice?

Surely you cannot add this on to someone's profile without actually giving them a chance to pay it before it becomes a default

The amount of £61 pounds as well and a 6-year default is a killer.

How would one go about getting this removed?

Thank you so much

You need to give this the full story including the names of the alleged creditor, dates, sums involved, when did you last pay, have you moved house without informing people of your address – that lot for a start

Hello, 

This was a debt registered to Budget Insurance now with the Debt Collector Jefferson

Budget insists i owe a debt of £61 pounds, i have no record of any emails or letters from them. 

We moved house but all post was forwarded using royal mail redirect service so no mail was missed.

The account was opened in 03 Sep 2018 and the apparent Defaulted date: 06 Jun 2019 i only know this as its suddenly appeared on my credit file. 

Can jefferson add a default to my credit file ? 

• dx100uk changed the title to Budget Car Insurance debt - Default Added Help needed!
  • dx100uk changed the title to Budget Car Insurance debt Default - now Jefferson DCA

is jefferson's name now against the debt on your credit file?

if so the debt has been sold to them by budget, and thus when that happens the existing account and default assumes the debt buyer name, but Budget would have defaulted the debt before or at the time of the sale to jefferson.

a dca cannot register the initial default on you file.

was this insurance paid directly to budget or did you have finance via say close brothers or someone?

and ofc ourse DID you ever have any insurance policies in 2018 with budget, if you did then tell us what happened as to why you stopped paying them midterm

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply

the name on the credit file is this

Your BANK with JC INTERNATIONAL ACQUISITION LLC has been added to or removed from your Experian Credit Report – because you’ve opened or closed this credit account.

Strangely its just appeared, unsure why its just appeared. The default is 4 years 3 months old.. 

Budget was setup monthly payments I am going through letters, and emails and finding this was setup monthly for a work vehicle, but then it was cancelled.

There are no emails from Budget threatening default or markers on credit file, should they tell you they are about to kill your credit file for 6years? 

Why didnt they send me a default notice etc? Can i get this default removed with some fighting letters?

Thanks again

so the debt has been sold to JCI dca.

the fact that budget were just too lazy to use cra files is immaterial.

it now shows and should have been showing .

nothing you can do

have you moved since taking out this insurance?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to JCI and old Budget Car Insurance debt Default -just started to show on credit file - i want to remove it

well you need to write to jci (and to the owners of any other credit/debts you have that you last used in say the last 7yrs) informing them of you correct and current address. never run from debt else you'll get a bunch of backdoor ccj 's. court docs are never redirected.

as for this debt, its immaterial you received nothing from budget.

there is nothing to fight nor anyway to remove the default sadly unless there was some kind of dispute?

why did you stop paying budget?

dx

and they

My credit file is clean, no missed payments etc. 

Looking through the emails, Budget cancelled the insurance their side, i can see old emails from them.  But they never sent me another email after the cancellation. 

I have no debt anywhere this is why this was a shock to me when it appeared on credit file really frustrating. 

I stopped paying because they cancelled the insurance. I didnt think there was anything left to pay. 

why did they cancel?

that does not mean premiums are not owed mind as you'd signed a contract.

need the full story

if you want redact your details and put all the emails up in one mass pdf

read upload 

dx

and they