Astirman V The Mortgage Business

astirman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My completion statement date 24/05/2004 from The Mortage Business shows Amount owing £213,865.15, Mortgage Discharge Fee £115, deed Dispatch Fee £50 and Repayment Fee £2281.23. .

I sent the preliminary letter asking for repayment of the Repayment fee on the 8th December 2006 and have today received their response.

The response includes the following :-

“ I have since obtained a copy of your mortgage offer. In the offer it details the conditions if you decided to redeem your mortgage early. A copy of these conditions is enclosed for your information.

You will notice that I have highlighted the area that specifically applied to your mortgage account. As the mortgage was repaid in the second year of the mortgage term, you were obliged to pay 2 months gross interest, which was the redemption penalty you were charged.

A mortgage offer is a legally binding document and you have agreed to the terms and conditions contained in the offer, therefore I am unable to agree a refund of your early redemption charge.

I realize this was not the answer etc etc “

The copy to which they refer has a highlighted section that reads “you must pay the following additional sum to us in respect of the amount repaid or transferred :

1) During the second year of the Mortgage Term two months gross interest at the Mortgage Rate.”

So as TMB (the mortgage business) are saying that at the outset I agreed to pay two months gross interest upon early redemption is that the end of the line ?

Many thanks to anyone that offers advice.

Hope that doesn't sound bad ! What I meant to say was, I have looked every where several times but I can't find the words that seem appropriate to respond to TMB's letter stating that as I knew what the charges were when I signed up it's tough.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...