Two questions regarding Natwest

snowman79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if these have been answered before.

I have recently filed my AQ after rejecting a 50% offer from Natwest.

1. Are Natwest likely to close my account and if so when do they usually "give notice"

2. Is it unusual for natwest not to file an AQ? The deadline was 18th and I checked with the court today. Nothing filed.

Many thanks

Hey,

In answer to your questions:

1) As far as I know, NW are not known to close accounts as a result of this court action

2) NW usually do file an AQ but at the last possible moment (ie - a minute before the courts close for the day). You may eb able to get the judge to throw the defence out for non compliance?

Let us know how you get on.

Lager Lou

Thank you for the prompt response! I still have an over draft with natwest and although if I'm successful the refund will cover the over draft I would prefer to use the money to pay off a credit card at a higher interest rate.

I will write to the court regarding the AQ. Am very surprised they didn't file one. The person I spoke to today said they'd follow the same procedure even though Natwest's solicitors hadn't replied.

Hi, Snowman

" 1. Are NatWest likely to close my account and if so when do they usually "give notice""

While they aren't closing accounts they are withdrawing cheque books and cards - at least, they did in my case and a few others'. Have you got a parachute account in place, just in case?

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

• 4 weeks later...

I was away skiing last week and got back yesterday to find a special delivery letter from Cobbetts. They enclosed a cheque for the full settlement figure so I guess....I WON!!

I couldn't find my orginal post but as a guideline the time scales were as follows:

Oct 29th - filed MCOL

Nov 9th - Natwest acknowledged claim

Nov 18th - defence filed

Dec 5th - 50% settlement offer received

Dec 6th - settlement declined

Dec 7th - AQ received

Dec 8th - AQ filed

Jan 4th - Natwest file AQ

Jan 11th - cheque for full settlement received

Good luck to everyone with active claims.

A big thank you to the forum for all the resources. I will be making a donation as soon as the cheque clears later this week (skiing accident has left me financially crippled as well as temporarily physically crippled. I paid out about £750 worth of medical expenses etc which I now need to claim back from my travel insurance!!) Always waiting for a cheque it seems.

Congratulations! The cheque book thingy I can explain but NatWest can give and take away an overdraft. Enjoy the money and once again Congratulations on the win.