Crappoman 'v' Nat West

CrappoMan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have decided to reclaim bank charges on a couple of old accounts that were closed while I was living at a previous address, over 2 years ago.

Sent my LBA request on 7th December, giving them my old adress, my new address and photocopies of my driving licence, my birth certificate and 2 old bank cards to prove my identity.

Today I received a letter (dated 5th Dec!!!) saying:

I write to you with regard to your recent letter requesting a complete list of transactions and charges applied to your account under the Data Protection Act 1998.

We still have your old address on our system. Please advise us and your branch of your new address and when you moved so that we can update our records.

We acknowledge receipt of the payment of £10.00 in respect of the fee and will send your statements to you as soon as you advise us that your address has been updated.

If you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address.

Is this a stalling tactic on their part ? Or is there some reason they can't change my address and send the info to me ?

I was thinking of replying with this. Does this sound ok ?

I acknowledge receipt of your letter ref XXXXXXX dated 5th December 2006.

I am very disappointed at your lack of progress in sending me the information I requested under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I have already furnished you with my old address, my new address, proof of my identity and the letter was dated. This should be sufficient information for you to change my address on your computer system. I am unable to visit the branch to attend to this matter personally. If you require an explicit request from me to change such information, please take this letter as such a request.

Alternatively, you can send the information to the old address you hold on your computer system. I have spoken to the person residing at that address and they are willing to pass the information on to me.

I remind you that as I have properly requested this information, the 40 day time limit is still in effect from the date of my previous letter.

Simon