barclaycard - Permission to "pick your collective brains" please, re: Consumer Debt.

SkintBadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all! I've had some stonking good advice here in the past, but I'd be grateful if this could NOT be merged with my previous threads because I'd appreciate objective and factual responses please:

I have a credit Barclaycard which has a (in my personal opinion) crazy high credit facility compared to my accurate annual income when I took it out in 2018.

However, I now have 3 other credit cards with a much lower limit. 

All 3 cards, except for the Barclaycard are around 70% of their limit.

Recently, due to stupid drunken "hard searches" on my credit file trying to get consolidation loans, or new credit cards with 0% balance, my Credit Score has tanked massively.

How does all this work?

Will there come a time in the next few months where Barclaycard "get wind of my sudden fall from grace" (for want of a better phrase), and reduce my credit on my Barclaycard? Or does it not work like that?

For the record, I'm not in to debt avoidance or getting money I know I can't pay back, however, this Barclaycard has such a ridiculously high limit and I'm only now about 45% into it, I'm kinda relying on it to get me and my family through the next few months. 

How does all this work in the new age of "computer says no!"

TIA.

SB

the hard searches are only there for a very short period 1yrs if that i think.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, thanks for info. Do you know if Credit Card companies to regular checking to see if I'm still a good risk?

IE/ if I were to default on one card, would the other 2 unrelated card companies eventually get wind of it and cancel or reduce their non-defaulted cards?

Mostly an automatic system I expect. Not by an actual person no .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WWW.EXPERIAN.CO.UK

Credit checks are an unavoidable part of borrowing & may affect your credit score. Find out the difference between soft & hard credit...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to barclaycard - Permission to "pick your collective brains" please, re: Consumer Debt.