Second Letter from DWF - - Adidas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a second letter from DWF regarding an order I made at a clothing store in august 2021. It says:
“Whilst our Client processed the refund they never, in fact, received the products. The refund was, therefore, made as a result of a mistake.”
They also said this:
”Ignoring this letter will lead to us seeking our Client's instructions to start court proceedings against you - making a claim for the recovery of a payment made under mistake - without further notice to you, and may increase your liability for costs. Further our Client would be entitled to claim interest on the amount refunded.”

This order was from August 2021. They said the tracking information shows it was refused by the recipient who was not their client. I am told it was returned to me but I never received anything.

This is from so long ago. Do I carry on ignoring the letters? 

In principle you should ignore them but can you tell us a little bit more about the item.

This is something that you purchased online and then returned? Was the return organised by the vendor and did you use the label? Who's the vendor?

Here is some reading for you:

The vendor was Adidas. I returned it using their label. Apparently it was refused by the recipient who wasn't Adidas and that it was retuned back to me. 

I actually sent them an email which, from reading the post you linked seems like a mistake. In it they said:

The royal mail tracking information linked to your return further supports that adidas did not receive the return, as the parcel was refused by the recipient (which was not our Client), and returned to you as the sender.

This is from so long ago so all I really know is that I sent it and that was that. The first letter was received in May 2022.

do you have the tracking number and are you able to access the tracking log?

I do have the tracking number but royal mails tracking website says unable to confirm the status right now. I think this might be due to how long its been because I do remember double checking the royal mail website after I made my return. Is there another way to find tracking information from August 2021?

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

2 minutes ago, jd445dw said:

Is there another way to find tracking information from August 2021?

I have no idea.  

You might like to send this:

As your clients well know, the goods were returned to them using their own return label.  If they were delivered to the incorrect recipient or if they were not delivered at all then that is between your client and their chosen delivery agent.

The item was never returned to me.

Don't bother me about this again unless you want to do it in front of a County Court judge in which case bring it on.

Clearly Adidas is a new client of yours because you are already getting a reputation for trying it on with exactly this kind of claim with others.

YF

If they do decide to follow up then send Adidas an SAR

• BankFodder changed the title to Second Letter from DWF - - Adidas

IMHO its a scam if you just go read the other numerous threads here already. BF pointed too above.

stuff and all anyone can do.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...