Some questions please regarding debts, and DCA’s

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone please advise me of best course of action  to take 

I was paying min amount on HSBC credit card that I took out in 2004 I owe £2700 but missed a few payments 

now they have handed account to moorcroft to collect, who has sent me 3 letters asking to make contact to arrange payment. I have read to ignore them. 

My questions is

do I send HSBC an ingoing and outgoing form to offer a token payment Per month or do I  send them a CCA request because the cards age could there be problems also do I try to claim back any overdraft and credit card charges of which there are I should imagine a lot over the years.

I also have an overdraft of £1000 pounds  with HSBC on their app I could see the credit card but that has disappeared, so how would I pay them token payments now.  They were looking to take back the overdraft so I opened another bank account so that they don't leave me with zero money.  I rent and am on min wage with other debts but still paying them min amount at the moment. 

Also on experian credit file the HSBC credit card has a zero next to amount owed is this normal thanks for any help

kind regards. 

if the cc shows £0 and wasnt until recent. i'll guess they've sold that on to a debt buyer for 10p=£1 now. await their notice of assignment letter soon

as for moorcroft, they dont buy debts so deal with their stated client only

if the bank account/OD is historic in takeout date pers id ignore them till its sold on. prob all interest and charges.

our pro rata letters are the way to go for debts still owned by original creditors.

if a debt has been sold to a DCA, if applicable, a CCA request come first.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...