advice stall outside bank

Boff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

anyone know what the legal issues might be in having a (properly rent paid if necessary) stall situated outside a bank advising customers about claiming back bank charges?

can we really get in the banks faces like this legally?

Guest Battleaxe

Everytime I go in to Huntingdon I take the tear off slips with the CAG web addy on it, and as I walk past the banks I casually inquire if people are having problems with bank chargesto just take the slip and check out the site. So far no-one has refused the offered slip.

I have done to letter box drops in my local area also. I am not so sure about a stall, isn't that up to the local council to grant a permit for it. if the council gives you a permit I guess you could go for broke.

I think that's right, Battleaxe (love the avatar BTW!) - Tha bank doesn't usually own the pavement in front of the branch, the council does. If they won't allow you to set up a stall, you might still be able to stand there, with one of those "poppy collector" type of trays, and hand out info.

Nifty idea, Boff. Good on yer.

Guest willowb

I'd love to put a CAG sticker on every 'black' hole in the wall......would CAG be held responsible? surely it's an individual thing? love to do it though......:D

Wxxx

Maybe targeting places like job centres would be better, everyone needs help there?

Willow - that's brill. You can get sticky labels for use on home printers (more & more of us use them at Christmas for our card list envelope addresses).

And jobcentres - yes indeed. People there have often got the time to do this, and would appreciate the money. Pity it's not an instant return, though.

Brill.

WHY not do a posting on the nottingham forest website on bbc.co.uk/606 forum word would travel fast on their

Capital one sponsor Forest but the fans will quite easily "tear the shirt from their backs" e

possibly the football result might be

capital 1 provinces 2

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Guest Battleaxe

Kent put a couple of the tear posters on the notice board at the RAF base where he is stationed.

I love the idea of a sticky label on the holes in the wall. Hell i am even getting mail addressed to me as a CAGer, because the ladies down the post office pass the word on for me. I am not sure how many people have looked at the site because of all of this, but even ten people being helped is better than none. Bankfodder and Dave will just have to ask for DNA tests to be carried out on the labels

I'm off to Leeds this morning and you guessed it, I am putting a tear off poster on the hospital notice board, in the lounge. When cancer hits it's a double whammy and people have lost their homes because of the illness rending them incapable of continuing work. We are the lucky ones, still able for kent to continue working for as long he is able. That as they say is another story, so let the cancer serve a double purpose and help others regain bank charges. This woman is on a crusade.

Guest willowb

Ooooh maybe I'll try it with my local newsagent lady, she may give me lots of free choccie!!!!:D

Bankfodder and Dave will just have to ask for DNA tests to be carried out on the labels

lol:D I am making it my NY's mission!!!!

Wxxx

Ever stood 34th in the post office queue waiting to send 'recorded'. Hand round the leaflets and their faces would light up. :) :) :)

MY NY's resolution.

SHERLOCK

what i always do is count up the number of people in the queue and divide my the number of people on the counters that way it does not seem as bad

Now how do you divide by one durrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

• 4 weeks later...

When I first moved to my current house about 4 1/2 years ago, there was a guy who used to park outside a large branch of Barclays with a trailer with a huge board full of letters and a full history of how he had been ripped off by Barclays. I don't think he won his case.

The point is this, he was never moved on by the Police. Unfortunately, I never spoke to him, and he doesn't appear there anymore.

That man had guts.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

Guest Battleaxe

As i walk opast the holes in the walls, I hand out my CAG web tags to anyone who will take them. I did post a couple of sticky labels on the A & L machine the other day. I know the CCTV was operating. hey I like to live dangerously.

I take great delight in doing a letter box drop at the weekend, just a friendly note with the CAG website on it.

I sent this to all my email contacts as a Happy New Year message. It's sparked a fair bit of interest. If anybody wants to copy & paste, or do something similar, just take what you want from here. The links are mostly fairly light reading/watching, with direct links to CAG at the bottom, if they get that far !!

----------------------------------------------------

Hi

Happy New Year – and a prosperous one !!

I hope you don’t mind – this seems an appropriate time. I’m just sending this to everybody I can think of that might find it useful. There is an increasing number of people now reclaiming their old bank and credit card charges since the Office of Fair Trading issued a report in April 2006.

If you’re interested, I have reclaimed over £1,000 in old bank & credit card charges over the past few months, and I am still reclaiming more of them. Even if you had very few charges, this can still be a large sum, as the reclaimed amount includes compound interest at the banks’ highest borrowing rates ! For example, a single charge of £10 deducted 25 years ago, yields over £5,000 if claimed now with compound interest at 25%.

I am an active member of the Consumer Action Group (CAG), which now has over 100,000 members, and offers free advice through an on-line forum.

If you’re interested, click on the links below, they should take you to various video clips & articles concerning this.

If you’re not interested, then sorry to have troubled you !!!

Bill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Money Program "Bank Robbery" 12/12/06

(Link to BBC website page):-

BBC NEWS | Business | Are penalty charges bank robbery?

(Link to BBC website footage):-

BBC News Player

or:-

BBC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAG OFT Demo/Rally 01/12/06.

5 News report on CAG rally 01/12/06:-

Five News: features story

or:-

CAG-CAM footage of rally 01/12/06:-

BBC News Web page 01/12/06:-

BBC NEWS | Business | Protests grow over overdraft fees

Other links:-

http://www.moneyexpert.com/News/Cred...d-charges.aspx

London Stock Exchange - Article

Customers urged to appeal bank charges - Money News

CAG Online

CAG Home Page:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php

CAG Bank Charges Forum:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Useful info:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-112287.html

Just a thought - you could print the website on those very small labels and stick them to any bank notes that go through your hands - they will reach lots of people and eventually get back to the banks

keep up the good work

sue

would love to do myself but not very good with the settings for the printer - even better if they were produced and put for sale on CAG web site with any profits to keep the site going

thanks battleaxe (just up the road from you in wisbech) happy printing

sue

dunno if it would fit on the label - slogan - reclaim your bank charges and the CAG addy

or dont let the banks win - reclaim your charges now CAG website or even stronger slogans (many I can think of lol)

just some thoughts