• Tweets

• good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help Re: J&J Collections

propeller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

This is my first visit to the site, I have been experiencing problems with a company called J&J Collection, I have no address for them just a PO BOX in Chester.

Problems started when I lost my job & i knew I wouldn't be able to keep up the full payments on my AA Loan, I called them & they agreed that i could pay the minimum (just interest) which worked out at £30pm.

I was given the impression by the AA that my loan would just take longer to pay off as i wasn't paying the full £134 for a few months.

This was not the case, the money didn't just get added onto the end of the loan it created a seperate arrears account which i knew nothing about until I was contacted by another company called J&J Collections who were demanding the full £1,760 odd pounds. So now i have 2 loans to pay really.

I answered a phone call from them shortly after & told what had been agreed with th AA and that I was now in employment & could start back on my normal re-payments. Card details were taken & a direct debit set up for my usual monthly £134 that i was paying before.

I then this weekend recieved around 20 missed calls from this place! I answered the next call and my loan amount had changed, after much harrasment & trying to scare me into giving them another payment of £134 they said my last card payment had declined & continued to try & belittle me & make me feel like a complete loser. They were very un-professional, rude & scared me. I told them I only get paid so much & was willing to pay some money to the arrears aslo.

Surely if the card declined you get some kind of written notice? how do i know if they are telling me the truth?

Also every time I answer the phone to them a charge of £10 is added to the account, can they do this? I habve no choice but to be contacted by them as it is just an automated answer machine when i try and ring them!

I was also told that I am currently being charged at 25%, they wouldn't tell me how often or anything else.

Are the allowed to do this? I have been completely willing to carry on paying this loan & know nothing about this company, theres no record of themn on the internet etc & they could be anybody. Also I don't think there is anything about this in my original T&C from the AA.

I am really worried about this now, I saw a programme on this a couple of months ago about companies using the same nasty tactics & feel I am being treated the same.

Can anyone please give me any advice on what I can do about this if anything!

Thanks

What, what what?!

Send a Subject Access Request to the AA covering both accounts to get an idea of how much you owe, where all the money's been going to, and if they've ever charged you for late payments (these charges are reclaimable, though AA's difficult about it). This should also include whether they've sold anything on to J&J.

If they have sold it on, send a CCA request to J&J asking for the assignment that they must have in order to persue you for money. Send them a SAR as well - this entitles you to a copy of any and every bit of paper they've got on you, so that you can check charges - they are NOT allowed to charge you £10 for 'answering the phone to them', how dare they, if just anyone could do that no one would answer the bloody phone.

How are you paying them at the moment? Is it an automatic debit from the card details you've given them? You dispute the amount they're demanding - you may have to 'lose' your card and request another from the bank to prevent them taking payment again without your permission.

You can also stop them calling with another letter which states all communication must be in writing - if they call you after receiving this they are breaking the law.

Let us know how you get on. Barstewards.

• Haha 1

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Thanks for your reply,

In response to your question 'how am I paying them?' I have a direct debit set up to pay the normal £134 loan re-payment every month, which automaticly goes out my account to them. They contact me (and they say because they have to do this I incur a £10 charge each time) and I then have to pay the arrears through giving my card details each time over the phone (im not keen on doing this as it doesn't seem secure. I tried to set up a regular payment with them on the phone last time ie to pay £30 a month to the arrears by direct debit but they were having none of it & said I would have find the cash to pay it all by next time they call.

I don't hink they have taken cash without my permission but I do think that they lied about my card having been declined so that I would make another payment to the arrears so that in effect I paid £60 to the arrears last month instead of the £30 which I thought I made! They just carried on really strange and only mentioned it declined at the end of the conversation and after trying to hassle me for another payment, more last a last ditch attempt id say. (I won't know for sure though til my statement arrives)

Very shady, I will send those letters as you said.

Thanks.

I know it's a hassle this close to Christmas, but Demon x Slash is right

about cancelling your current debit card. If the DCA thinks you are going to give them trouble, they may well preempt the situation by pushing through

a payment without your knowledge, and it is damn time consuming getting it back.

Quoted from their last set of accounts

Ultimate Parent Undertaking

The ultimate parent undertaking and the largest group in which the results of the company are consolidated is HBOS plc, registered in Scotland.

The company's immediate parents are Capital Bank plc and In Store Credit Limited, both registered in England.

Also " the company was dormant throughout the year" "during the financial year and the preceding financial year, the company did not trade, received no income and incurred no expenditure"

Interesting!!!

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Guest The Terminator
Quoted from their last set of accounts

Ultimate Parent Undertaking

The ultimate parent undertaking and the largest group in which the results of the company are consolidated is HBOS plc, registered in Scotland.

The company's immediate parents are Capital Bank plc and In Store Credit Limited, both registered in England.

Also " the company was dormant throughout the year" "during the financial year and the preceding financial year, the company did not trade, received no income and incurred no expenditure"

Interesting!!!

That is very interesting because Mercers is the same.They have been dormant as well. CSL is another.

Well, thats what I thought. Have checked the acounts of their parent company but no other similarly named subsidiaries are mentioned. Personally I find it very worrying that the Bank of Scotland ultimately own this bunch of idiots!!

If they are trading whilst dormant, it could be construed as "attempting to defraud the public" according to those who know more than me!!!! Am trying to find out the appropriate course of action if they are falsely claiming to be non trading. Initial thoughts would be Trading Standards and Companies House

When you win, donate!!!

Guest The Terminator
Well, thats what I thought. Have checked the acounts of their parent company but no other similarly named subsidiaries are mentioned. Personally I find it very worrying that the Bank of Scotland ultimately own this bunch of idiots!!

If they are trading whilst dormant, it could be construed as "attempting to defraud the public" according to those who know more than me!!!! Am trying to find out the appropriate course of action if they are falsely claiming to be non trading. Initial thoughts would be Trading Standards and Companies House

Or HMRC

According to Companies House, they haven't traded since 1996! And possibly further back than that because thats as far back as CH goes.

HMRC? Good thinking! As I deal with them on a daily basis, I could make further enquiries!!!

When you win, donate!!!

FYI, no records found @HMRC. The plot thickens!!!

When you win, donate!!!

Guest The Terminator
FYI, no records found @HMRC. The plot thickens!!!

Good work.Anything on Mercers.Check the Mercers thread there's a few more dormant DCA's on there.

Ok, will do. Can only access this info when at work so please be patient. I will get there in the end!! Ooh, I've found the one advantage of working in tax!!!!

When you win, donate!!!

According to Companies House, they haven't traded since 1996! And possibly further back than that because thats as far back as CH goes.

HMRC? Good thinking! As I deal with them on a daily basis, I could make further enquiries!!!

TROUBLE AT MILL !

they do pay me to work you know good job the bosses are out !

https://secure.creditgate.com/search/search.aspx?AP=O&CompanyID=02021640&CompanyType=L&BS=1&BT=Full%20Data

Company Name:

J.& J.COLLECTION SERVICES LIMITED

Company No: 01017660

Registered Office: Incorporated: ? Company Type: Report Status: Basic Dissolved Accounts Type: Unknown Latest Accounts to: ? Latest Return to: ?

----------------------------

Company Name:

J & J COLLECTIONS LIMITED

Company No: 02021640

Registered Office: Incorporated: 21/05/1986 DAWSONS CORNER, 50 COTE LANE

LEEDS

WEST YORKSHIRE

LS28 5ED

Company Type: Private Limited Report Status: Full Data Accounts Type: Dormant Latest Accounts to: 31/12/2005 Latest Return to: 01/02/2006

----------- ------------

Description Costs Filed Date Form DIRECTOR RESIGNED £6.95 15/11/2006 ----------- ------------

288b REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 02/11/06

----------- ------------FROM:PEPPER HOUSEGROSVENOR PRECINCT CHESTER CH1 1EA £6.95 02/11/2006

----------- ------------287 ACCOUNTS OF DORMANT COMPANY MADE UP TO 31/12/05 £6.95 04/11/2006

----------- ------------AA SECRETARY APPOINTED £6.95 30/10/2006 288a SECRETARY RESIGNED £6.95 18/10/2006----------- ------------ 288b SECRETARY APPOINTED £6.95 20/10/2006

----------- ------------288a RETURN MADE UP TO 01/02/06;----------- ------------ FULL LIST OF MEMBERS £6.95 17/02/2006 363a DIRECTOR RESIGNED £6.95 16/12/2005 ----------- ------------

288b DIRECTOR APPOINTED £6.95 16/12/2005----------- ------------

288a DIRECTOR APPOINTED £6.95 13/10/2005 ----------- ------------

288a DIRECTOR APPOINTED £6.95 13/10/2005 288a DIRECTOR RESIGNED £6.95 13/10/2005 ----------- ------------

288b DIRECTOR RESIGNED £6.95 13/10/2005 288b

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

My boss will be out all day tomorrow:D . Will do more 'research' then!!

When you win, donate!!!

Also be aware J & J Coolections Ltd, according to companies house, is a dormant company. I would not pay them anything. Afterall if they do not pass monies onto your creditor who suffers.

just seen this posting of yours if you look at my post on this thread this little hedgehog is going to wake up pretty soon change of directors etc

oh and you are allowed to write to the post office and ask the proper address of a p.o. box

The directors for this company seem to change every year since 1999 and this has not re-activated this company previously. As they haven't traded in over 10 years, it would seem unlikely that they do so now. However, I may be wrong!! Interesting though, the company secretary is employed by HBOS!!

When you win, donate!!!

According to the staus bar on Comanies House web site, they are an agent. As such they can collect on behalf of another company without actually receiving the money themselves. Also the company they are acting for may incur their expenses. This would make sense as they are a subsidiary of a bank. Even if cheques are sent to J&J Collections, the bank (presumably BOS) would honour the cheques if the bank account stated " HBOS trading as J&J collections"

Am still digging

When you win, donate!!!

J&J Collections is the 'legal department' (ie an alternative trading name) of Blair, Oliver & Scott.

Blair, Oliver & Scott is the collections arm of HBOS (ie Bank of Scotland, Halifax, Intelligent Finance, Capital Bank and various branded loans such as AA, British Gas etc)

The initials BOS are the clue...

Basically, your debt is still being dealt with by a tentacle of HBOS.

J&J Collections is the 'legal department' (ie an alternative trading name) of Blair, Oliver & Scott.

Blair, Oliver & Scott is the collections arm of HBOS (ie Bank of Scotland, Halifax, Intelligent Finance, Capital Bank and various branded loans such as AA, British Gas etc)

The initials BOS are the clue...

Basically, your debt is still being dealt with by a tentacle of HBOS.

According to their accounts 'the principal activity of the company is the provision of debt collection services as agents for Capital Bank and its subsidiary undertakings' Also managed to get a look at their Memorandum ie, what they do, and it doesn't state anything about legal services.

When you win, donate!!!

According to their accounts 'the principal activity of the company is the provision of debt collection services as agents for Capital Bank and its subsidiary undertakings' Also managed to get a look at their Memorandum ie, what they do, and it doesn't state anything about legal services.

right no laughing but here is a bit about capital bank

"Message from our CEO

Capital Bank was founded with the belief that all of us here work for you and the communities we share. We know that our success is only as great as the successes of those we serve. This is in part, why our team of banking professionals strives to provide proactive consultation and expertise to our clients, while practicing sound fiscal discipline. Every day we bring integrity and a sense of passion to our work so that we can establish lasting client relationships.

Over the years you may have noticed Capital Bank has expanded the breadth of our products and services to include mortgage and investment solutions to our personal and business banking clients. With this expansion, the spirit of teamwork and a collaborative approach to service helps us exceed the expectations of what a hometown, community bank can offer.

We thank you for visiting Capital Bank, and look forward to serving you now and for years to come.

B. Grant Yarber

President and Chief Executive Officer"