Dealer wants to cancel sale **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, 

I recently completed a distance sale with a motorcycle dealer. They took in part exchange my old bike based on photos and description on set questions. 

I handed over and received my new bike on 1st (8days ago). The dealer used a 3rd party to do this. 

today the dealer contacted me and said they are not happy with condition of the traded bike and feel it was not as described. The point they are making is non factory fairings - which was not asked specifically during sales process. The bike was exactly as pictured. 

they therefore want it cancel the sale, return my bike and take back the new one. 

where do I stand in term of rights? 

TIA

The bike is yours. They cannot cancel the sale, but if they feel very serious about the issuethen they could sue you separately .

Monitor the thread for a fuller reply tomorrow

• Like 1

The first thing is that the contract has been made and even if you have breached the contract, they would have to sue you on that separately and would be most unlikely to be able to recover the bike unless they can say that the contract was void.
The outcome if they won a case against you would be that they would be awarded damages equivalent to the difference in value between what you gave them and what they expected to receive.

They are not subject to consumer law because they are traders.

If you have provided them clear pictures and you can show that you have not misled them in any way then they would not be able to establish a breach of contract on your part.

In particular, because they are in the trade and they are exercising professional knowledge and experience, they would have a much higher bar to cross in order to show that somehow or other they were deceived.

Keep us updated if you need any help

• BankFodder changed the title to Dealer wants to cancel sale **RESOLVED**

Would you mind telling us how it was resolved please?

It may help others who find themselves in the same predicament