Capital One Bank - Car HP

steersb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been reading through the threads and have found a very interesting point. My Case:

I bought a Peugeot with a HP from Capital Bank in 2001. I was quite happily paying this off until i changed jobs and got into financial trouble. Now when i finally got to the point of getting rid of the car i had already entered into agreements with Debt collectors, at one point a guy was turning up to collect £500 at a time to catch up. They helpfully forgot to inform me i could have handed the car back to them if the account was up to date.

Capital sold the car at auction for just over £2k and have sold the remaining debt off to Buchanan Clark and Wells (2K) which i have been paying off a £10 per month. I quite vividly remember asking for a copy of the original agreement before the car was sold but didn't recieve a copy despite numerous requests via telephone (should have written i know). My point is the account is shown on a statement sent to me by capital saying that it is closed and bad debt written off. So does this mean if BCW fail to produce the agreement i can't ask for the debt to be written off as the account is no longer active??

• 1 month later...

Ok,

I requested the copy of the HP agreement and sent it recorded post along with a cheque for £1, which they have cashed. They have now had the 12 days to default and a further 32 days which expired on monday 5th Feb. Now i presume i can send the letter asking for all the money back since the first default and cancelling the remaining debt?? Is that the case?