Court Claim

Blurb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Particulars of Claim received: “Monies due under current account facility **/**. The Claimant’s claim is for thebalance outstanding under this facility provided by***** to the Defendant. It was a term of the Bankaccount that any debit balance would be repayable by theDefendant in full on demand. The Defendant has failed to repay the amount due following the service of a demand. The debt was assigned to the Claimant. The claimant therefore claims 1. ***.** 2. Costs”

What do they mean by 'demand' in this context? Is it a legal document? This is for an overdraft debt.

please complete this :

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? 

Date of issue – . 3 july, I have already submitted a defence and the claim is stayed

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 

1.Monies due under current account facility .

2.The Claimant’s claim is for the balance outstanding under this facility provided by …. to the Defendant.

3. It was a term of the Bank account that any debit balance would be repayable by the Defendant in full on demand.

3.The Defendant has failed to repay the amount due following the service of a demand. The debt was assigned to the Claimant. The claimant therefore claims 1 ***.** 2 Costs

What is the total value of the claim? 12k

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? yes

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? no

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? n/a

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Businessbank current acc overdraft

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? current acc opened before 2007

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? branch

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? no

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Requested CCA, response was that it was unenforceable but that they were getting more info, I stopped paying, then 6 months later I received a letter of Claim which I didn’t identify as such and missed the deadline. Then I received the Court Claim.

What was the date of your last payment? Mid 2020

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Communicated financial problems, offered £1 per month. Bank then terminated my account, I paid them £1 per month from 2011 to 2014. Then debt was assigned

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

interesting there is no CCA for a current A/C OD.

who is the claimant please.

and who was the original creditor?

and note your corrected defence date.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Noted, thanks.

What do they mean by 'service of a demand' in the Particulars of Claim? Is it a legal document and would it have been served by the original creditor?

(b) Provide a copy of the Notice served under 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 Demand /Recall Notice

and they

I have already submitted a defence and the claim is stayed

Could you please redact and upload a copy of the defence you submitted.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread