• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi :)

With the help of Bill-K ( thanks Bill !) I have now got the correct figures on my spready ! yay :D

So, amended figures on pre-lim letter and added a paragrah in the ' what I require ' part to include the compound interest.

I am claiming £2160.00 in charges etc and compound interest at 29.69% of £1933.04. Total £4093.04.

It was lucky that Bill-K took a look at my spready as I had put a lot of interest charges on it which I was not entitled to claim .

Despite reading through the contractual interest thread and getting lots of advice I still managed to get it wrong ! :oops:

So. The battle begins....

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi thereshope,

just about to send my LBA letter out after reciving a letter from them today, telling me they are 'currently investigating my request. I am actually thinking about adding contructrual interset to ny claim.

4th Dec 2006 : Posted S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) :o

18th Dec 2006 ; Received Statements :)

28th Dec 2006 ; Posted prelim letter (£3351.00) :rolleyes:

11th Jan 2007 : Reply, still investigating :x

16th Jan 2007 : Posted LBA (£3331.00/£556.00) :-(

31st Jan 2007 : Bank make offer of £3331.00 :D

Hi Sillymove,

It certainly bumps up the claim and if its good for the goose its good for the gander,as my mum would say lol ! :D

One bit of caution though,and if I'm wrong can someone please correct me, but you may need to re-do your application from pre-lim stage ?

Have a good read through the contractual interest thread and you should be able to glean all the relevant info there.

The bods on there are fantastic and really know their stuff !

Keep in touch and let me know how you go

Hope xx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

cheers!!!

is there any particular thread that you recommend?

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Hi all :)

Letter received yesterday thanking me for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and advising me that they will be dealing with my enquiry.

Only problem was they had dated my request from the 5th jan and said that they will deal with my enquiry within 40 days. The letter they received on the 5th jan from me was a chase-up letter as I had only received statments,not the rest of the info I requested, from my original SAR request back in december !

So I phoned NW to see what was going on and spoke with a lady who had been passsed my file that day as the guy dealing with my initial request was on holiday.

She asked me to resend my letter etc send a fax,basically anything to play for time !

I refused to resend letter and told her where the original had been sent.

She said "maybe it didnt get here ".

I said it had and I had proof as it was sent recorded.

She then suggested that maybe I hadnt worded my letter properly.

I replied it was a template letter, that had been sent 100's of times so was tried and tested !

I then reminded her that time was of the essence and NW had until the 23rd jan or they were in breach of the Data Protection Act.

At this point she almost begged for more time to deal with my SAR and I almost fell soft.:eek:

Until I said "well, I really want this resolving asap as NW are adding interest daily "At this point she sniggerd and said " Huh, you and a thousand others"

"Yes I said,me and a 1000 others.Your charges are unlawful. I want this sorting and the 23rd is your deadline"

Dont think she was too impressed !

Well its tough !

This is my agenda and I aint budging !:D

Dont recall NW giving me extra time,or being supportive.

Tick tock !!

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

I've read threads whereby the 'manual intervention' part of the SAR Request was finally sent at the later stages of the court claim!!!:rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold your breathe, or indeed hold out much 'hope' on this occasion:), stick to your guns, and proceed as and when necessary.

Good luck.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

OMG!!! Can't believe she laffed like that

Don't give them and extra minute!!!

I admire your guts, i don't know if i can do it.

Just sitting on my hands waiting for my parachute account to come though and i moving everything b4 hand as NatWest seem to get nasty

Good Luck!!!

Good move, I did.;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi TH

goood for you. the arrogance of the bank is no spreading to its empoyees. But dont get into a dialouge with them because they will no doubt try and compliacte and confuse you. Stick you stick to the process and deadline and let them do the worrying!!

Hi all:)

Thanks for your replies !

NW are going to have to dance to my tune for once ! No way am I giving them more time.

Received a letter in response to my pre-lim today, from the one and only Stuart Higley.

Pretty standard I think, thanking me for my letter and saying that they were considering my claim and would respond asap.

Hope they do because LBA will be printed off and ready to go on the 29th Jan !

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Good lass:D

Stick to your timetable and yours alone, after all, the force is with you, not them;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi all :-)

Been off the net for a week cos my motherboard died in my desktop.

Got a nice new laptop and ready to get down to business !

Heard zilch from NW regarding pre-lim and charges,so on with LBA,but I did speak with my helpful contact in SAR dept who told me that Shoosmiths had been in touch with them and they had now frozen the interest from Dec 06.

Good start,but Shoosmiths have been adding this interest for the past 2 years or so,and it should have been frozen when a ccj was issued in Feb 06. So not finished with Shoosmiths just yet !!

Wonder if I will get a reply from NW on 29th jan ?

Not holding my breath lol :D

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

hi thershope,

I wouldnt hold your breathe for the likes of Natwest, as there is a tendency to turn blue and fall down:D

Still heard nothing following the AQ submission, must be next week (big sigh!!)...that paint is getting awfully dry looking!!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi thereshope, I see you went down the contractual route. Good Luck:D

I am having serious issues with conflicting advice as to whether to apply CI as 60% of the debt was never paid by my O/H. 40% was!

some say yes claim Ci on the whole lot, others say no.:confused:

Me head is spinning!! I think personally its worth ashot as they have got to disclose there charges if they do not pay out the whole claim and O/H WILL NOT be accepting any partpayments as this is a trick to pay up the charges part and then be left having their day in court arguing only over CI, which they would want to to as no disclosure.

Milly X:)

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hi Milly :)

I think its got to be worth a try going for contractual !

As far as i'm aware other peeps have won on the same basis as your OH and myself,Bill -k included.

Go for it milly !If you get knocked down from full un auth contractual interest rate to standard 8%,so be it.

At least you will know that you tried your best.

Good luck milly and O/H

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Thank you hope, what a lovely thing to say. I hope you get the whole lot and I am spurred on now. Yep lets do em:D and loads of good luck to you.

I will keep tabs on how you are doing and let you know as soon as we are prepared.;)

Hi hope.

I used this standard one from the library but adapted because of CI.

Mine, however was adapted for a credit card claim.

[your address]

[their address]

[date]

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the [XXDATEXX]. This may not apply to you so delete if necessary and change to in response to your letter dated or something like that

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, this willneed to be changes as yours is abank account! exceeding overdraft limits and maybe here and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken.

I also claim contractual interest of XXX,XX at a rate of XX as set out in the attached list of charges. I believe this rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on your current unauthourised interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account. Therefore the total amount owed as of today’s date is £XXX. It is in your interest to reach an early settlement as these charges will continue to compound interest at the same rate up to the date of settlement.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the [XXDATE OF FIRST LETTERXX]

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Hi milly,

thanks for the quick response !

Fantastic ! :D

I can crack on with my lba now !

Glad i strengthened your resolve. sometimes we just need to hear that other people are in exactly the same boat.

Must admit,i have wobbled a couple of times and really doubted myself and what i have undertaken.....

Then i read through the thread again(or pm bill-k lol)and just know im doing the right thing regardless of the outcome.

HTH

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Think i've messed up ! :(

Sent my LBA off on 2nd Feb , signed for on 5th.

Problem is ,I assumed my pre-lim had been signed for .DOH !!!

(sent 12th jan)but only just checked tonight and theres no record of it having being delivered.

I sent 6 letters recorded that day to various DCA's etc and they have all been signed for on the 15th Jan. Except Natwest !! :confused:

What should I do now ?

Send another pre-lim with updated SOC and put a covering letter in stating to disregard the LBA sent previously ,then follow it with another LBA if they dont respond ?

Any thoughts guys ?

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

This is a bit strange !

Looking through letters from NW and got one from S Higley thanking me for my letter and advising me they were considering my claim, on 20th Jan

So they must have received my pre-lim even though they didnt sign ?

Didnt know you could do that !

Should I still send another or not ?

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Nope, I wouldn't.

If the infamous My Higley has written a response dated the 20th Jan then, in my humble opinion, it stands to reason that he must have received your prelim.

Carry on, as you are doing.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks muggins.

Like you say,i'll just leave it for now.

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07