Lloydstsb vs Ross Mould

rosstech83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Currently in the process of claiming back charges but only just found this site

first steps followed but one thing which may be of use is the fact that my last six years statements are available to download and then print as i have online banking. I have just recieved the courts questianaire and i am about to send it back, but i read in another post about the BBC interview by Peter McNamara

could someone please tell me where i can download this and put on CD as i think this will be usefull to include Cheers Ross

Welcome

Follow this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=118

If you look at the top of the forums page you will see the library's, FAQ and relevant info pages. Have a look through these and digest. Should take you a few days to do it properly.

Good luck with your claim

LOULA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just to update on proceedings, i sent the court questioner back and recieved back a court date of 26th july, then this morning recieved two letters from lloydstsb solicitors the first stating there allaged defence against my claim and asking me to contact my local branch to speak to them, the second letter with the heading

Without Prejudice Confidential and privileged. stating the same facts basicly there still right and i dont have a claim but due to cost and the banks own interest

they are going to settle and credit my account with £2500+ .

Thanks for all your help it was invaluable and put me more at ease to proceed with my course of action and to get a positive resault is excellent once again thankyou Ross

Hi just to update on proceedings, i sent the court questioner back and recieved back a court date of 26th july, then this morning recieved two letters from lloydstsb solicitors the first stating there allaged defence against my claim and asking me to contact my local branch to speak to them, the second letter with the heading

Without Prejudice Confidential and privileged. stating the same facts basicly there still right and i dont have a claim but due to cost and the banks own interest

they are going to settle and credit my account with £2500+ .

Thanks for all your help it was invaluable and put me more at ease to proceed with my course of action and to get a positive resault is excellent once again thankyou Ross

This is so encouraging. What kind of information did you put in your questionnaire- I'm just about to complete one on behalf of my son Matt who is a student. I would be grateful for any hints

CONGRATULATIONS m8,

Hope their were no conditions to their offer?

Very Well Done, spend it wisely, hehe.:)

Thats another point to the minority :p

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

just a note to hilla all the info you need is on this site but when i filled out the courts questionerre i included a letter stating my claim ie unfair regs etc mentioning here basicly everthing i would be producing in court including cd and transcipt of the Peter Mcnamara radio 4 interview. copys were also sent to lloyds solicitors.hope this helps Ross

just a note to hilla all the info you need is on this site but when i filled out the courts questionerre i included a letter stating my claim ie unfair regs etc mentioning here basicly everthing i would be producing in court including cd and transcipt of the Peter Mcnamara radio 4 interview. copys were also sent to lloyds solicitors.hope this helps Ross

Sorry Ross tach83 but where would I get a copy of the transcript? Could you give me a web link please

Thanks for that completed the questioonaire last night. Only claiming £295 on behalf of my son but LLoyds are being really determined about it. Hope we get a swift response like you. Have you actaully got the money reimbusred yet?

yes ive had £2520 credited back to my account.

Its just a case of having the bottle to follow it through just remember if it goes to court and you lose you only lose the court fees you paid up front to money claim. any claim under £5000 is processed via what is called small trak,

This means the claiment is not liable for any legal cost incurred by the defendent. so its worth claiming back as much as you can upto this limit. i included every charge incurred from the bank for the last six years. lloyds kept me waiting till the last minute before refunding the charges, but i was preparred to go to court if i had to as my case was good with the help of this site. i beleive you only have to convience the judge your 51% likely to be right for him to find in your favour and thats odds the banks are not willing to take so it makes financial sense for them to settle if your willing to go to court. they rely on scaring most people off by this stage. Cheers Ross

Is it worth mentioning also that if you really did have to go, the small claims court is usually just a small room off the main court, with only the claiment (you), the defendant (bank), a judge and secretary (to take notes) sitting round a table.

I always envisioned it as being like something out of Judge Judy, but it's actually far less terrifying!

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

yes ive had £2520 credited back to my account.

Its just a case of having the bottle to follow it through just remember if it goes to court and you lose you only lose the court fees you paid up front to money claim. any claim under £5000 is processed via what is called small trak,

This means the claiment is not liable for any legal cost incurred by the defendent. so its worth claiming back as much as you can upto this limit. i included every charge incurred from the bank for the last six years. lloyds kept me waiting till the last minute before refunding the charges, but i was preparred to go to court if i had to as my case was good with the help of this site. i beleive you only have to convience the judge your 51% likely to be right for him to find in your favour and thats odds the banks are not willing to take so it makes financial sense for them to settle if your willing to go to court. they rely on scaring most people off by this stage. Cheers Ross

Ross

How many weeks was it between sending in the questionnaire and getting the money into your account. Did they contact you by phone or just put the money straight into your account? Did they try to do a deal. I'm afraid that if they ring my son and offer him £100 he'll just accept as he is so broke and he doesn't really believe we are going to get anything. I want to be able to warn him to turn down all offers.

when i filled in the court quest. i sent copys to bank solicitors as well like i said before. i had a response from the solicitors about 1 week after i had the court date,with two letters. 1st letter stating there side of defence. second letter with offer for the amount i was claiming plus interest and costs and a decleration to sign and return the money was then put into my acount about 1 week later.if they offer you what your claiming you must take it, as going to court to try and get more is not looked on favourably by the court (greedy) and your probably get nothing.

Came back from holiday to a letter to say that they are going to refund the whole £295 into my son's account. Over the moon- he can't quite believe it. There are conditions though. He has to have a review of his account and there is a confidentiality clause. Did they send this letter to you?

What was the result.

Just goes to show if you keep on they give in in the end.

Congrats on getting your money back - Well Done:)

And you are right about samll claims being in a little room. It was when I took the DVLA to court over my driving licence & they had to pay me £2400 for expenses and compensation. It was just like chatting with a colleague no pressure at all.

well done yes i had the same letter but as stated elsewhere on this site, terms you agree to are the same as that which you agreed to when you opened the account. so in the future if you inccur more charges your in the same situation but i dont think anyone has tried to get them back again?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks