• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Boris Johnson, former Prime Minister

12 hours ago, brassnecked said:

WEstminster as a whole is now an Augean Stables that needs cleansing.

Has been for years now

Nothing ever changes 

People soon lose interest and move on 

As for your jailbird list

I would have Tony B Liar at the top any day 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny how no one mentions that it was the policies of B Liar  ,Bush and the Sainted Obama that’s at the root cause of the current migration troubles 

Johnson was elected to control immigration and the red wall seats will expect nothing less 

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Negative - Hate immigrants/foreigners

- which continues unabated with Patel being the front monster  ... 

But all is not well in your (EU)topia

What happens when the posturing Napoleon , who is currently threatening all and sundry in a vain attempt to appear hard right, is,as seems likely, deposed. by

Monsieur Eric who makes Pritti look like a soft lefty 

Does this lead to France being made to sit on the EU naughty step to be endlessly bullied like Poland and Hungary?

• 4 weeks later...

The current Mrs Johnson and her barmy ideas are the root cause of  many of the useful idiots problems 

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

At some stage Nato are going to have to directly confront Putin

By not doing you are simply kicking the can down the road

Problem is we have a useless gutless PM (Churchill he is not)

And the USA has an equally incompetent President who lets not forget even left the tribesmen 

a parting gift of $80 billion of American military hardware when he ran away from Afghanistan

Yes agree 

We too are going to have to rethink urgently the last 30 years of reduced military spending 

It was all supposed to be about cyber wars 

Did I read somewhere we now only have around  20000 infantry?

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

A lot of people are baffled, me included. How can a 'work interview' go on with Abba blaring out? I don't believe that one.

I find it always increases my productivity with Abba blaring out 😀

whatever, at the next GE only one thing will matter, the economy and how people are affected
Now if Rishi  bungs em enough who can say 😀

6 hours ago, brassnecked said:

He is incorrigible but then none of his Cabinet are any better

WWW.TURBULENTTIMES.CO.UK

Writing in The Telegraph, Allister Heath predicts extinction for the Tories at the next general election. Wake up, Tory loyalists, for time has almost run...

absolutely agree , he could also be describing Bidens America

But  for just a glimpse of the alternative one only has to look in horror at at Wales

• Like 1

23 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Do you think people will forget by the next election what they went through with being unable to see family and friends or not being able to be with people who were dying or attend their funerals, while No10 partied, TOR?

by and large the majority who were not affected yes

Be great to see imperial measures again, I would love to see garages being made to price petrol and diesel in gallons instead of litres 😀

yes, I would love to go back to those days, yards , feet and inches , pounds and ounces, everything I learnt and understood. Make people think twice if they saw around £10 per gallon 😀

• Like 1

On 03/06/2022 at 06:46, honeybee13 said:

Here's the boss of Asda on the imperial measurements idea. Is this another dead cat distraction?

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Tory peer Lord Rose criticises ‘backwards’ proposal as business department launches 12-week consultation

to be fair, this,of course, from an arch remainer, and a frequent contributor to project fear

good grief where on earth do you shop Harrods? milk is only £1.40 at our local Waitrose 😀

Stuart Rose in his own words..."it was project fear and it didn't work

Rose said he would have pursued a different campaign strategy. “I think the message should have been a softer one. I think it should have been ‘hold on a second, let’s look at history, let’s look at the wonderful benefits we get'.”But he believes that if there was a re-run of the referendum today that Vote Leave would still win.

20 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

large is 6 pints (LOL)

(for the Brexit ministers to keep them clueless eh)

Waitrose don't seem to do em - asda aldi tesco morrisons all do

eg

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255986260

Good to see you following in the traditions of the metric martyrs TJ, Nigel would be proud of you 😀

Now for discussion the views of the people of Redcar today, as told to the BBC......

Redcar, in North Yorkshire, is a constituency which after years of voting Labour, backed the Tories at the last general election. 

And it’s one of those places people will look at and wonder if the behaviour of Boris Johnson will see allegiances switch again. 

Don’t bet on it. Having spent a morning talking to voters, there were more people supportive of the prime minister than critical of him. 

There were certainly some people still angry about Partygate, and it will have lost the Conservatives votes.

But enough for them to lose a seat like this? Only an election will answer that question - but there are plenty of people in this town, far from Westminster, who think Tory MPs should back their leader tonight.

seems to me what might happen , is everything goes quiet until after the two by election likely defeats
then either the "men in grey suits" give Johnson a tap on the shoulder (which he would likely ignore anyway)
or we have a Thatcher moment when the cabinet troop in one by one and tell him his time is up (though he'd probably sack the lot and carry on anyway 😀)

Absolutely UB, Rishi  has already started, expect another handout next year Joe Biden style (though its not done him much good so far)
But I still think if he throws enough  money at people the Tories will be the largest party at the next GE , regardless of By election results

Quite likely, discontent always rears its head during periods of high inflation
especially with fuel heading towards £2 per litre (sorry for betraying the metric martyrs on this occasion😀)

• 1 month later...
On 15/07/2022 at 06:31, unclebulgaria67 said:

Farmers need to work harder to recruit people from towns and cities. And before they look for workers they need to build accommodation and arrange transport etc.  I have talked to quite a few people living in towns who want to work on farms, but they cannot get to rural locations. Most want to return to family homes at the end of each day, so would also need transport back. And for those willing to stay on farms they would need decent accommodation.

And economically rate of pay needs to be more than what they could earn in say local warehouses etc.

The last thing farmers want is people from towns and cities with some sort of rural fantasy 

Farms are highly skilled dangerous environments 

I would not be letting an unskilled townie anywhere near today’s machinery 

For me Kemi every time 

She would wipe the floor with the boring Starmer

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Fruit and veg pickers don't operate machinery though, do they?

You would be surprised at how little is harvested by hand except on very small holdings nowadays 

And such as daffodil pickers can earn £1600 per week but for a very short season So no one is going to employ them on a full time basis 

3 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

@theoldrouge

The people I have spoken to about farm jobs, are often experienced farmhands, who have gone to live in towns and cities due to availability of affordable housing. Often because they have met a partner, had a child and needing to have suitable housing.  They then make do with a Supermarket or Warehouse job, but want to go back to farming, but now live too far away to make it economical to go back.

Farmers and Government (local/national) need to help ensure there is sufficient supply of housing in rural areas.  This would also provide accomodation to unskilled seasonal workers.

Because the affordable housing has all been bought by people escaping from cities  who then expect the countryside to be turned into some kind of mud free /smell free Disneyland 

50 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Like Johnson?

Climate science denier who tries to label it all 'woke' isnt she, and a great supporter of (diminishing world destroying) fossil fuels (of all types including fracking and shale) isnt she?

She avoided all that well, and many in the popu party party would cheer her for it anyway.

She came over quite well in the debate, but looking into the detail is ominous.

She’s exceptionally bright and quick thinking 

Funny also on the betting exchanges with all that’s gone on, the Cons are long odds on to be the largest party at the next GE doesn’t say much for the dullard does it?

5 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

What solution would you suggest, TOR?

A rapid reduction in population growth