prepayment meter in credit but E.ON say i owe them!! **Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a bill stating that I was in credit by £2000 in December 2020. 

I called eon to confirm  if I this is actual credit or some fraud. EON customer assistant wasn’t able to confirm and ask to call back, after two days I got call back with apology that there was mistake on EON side and the account is settled with 0 balance and they have update the meter reading.

I have changed supplier 1st April 2021 and EON contacted me asking for final bill £800. How can i owe them £800 within 4 month and topping up each month £50 to £70 

I thought that the whole point of a pre payment meter was that you pay for the electricity you have used????

Getting in through to EON is a nightmare! 

I am worried that How do I owe EON  money and it will effect my credit score.

Start off by sending them on SAR. This is an essential first step with these people.

Let us know what happens in 30 days when you get the disclosure – or if they fail to comply

Meter readings have been wrong at different points.  The £2000 was obviously an error. 

If you have always paid an amount related to your usage, there should be no debt.

The SAR information when it comes back should hopefully enable you to register a dispute that the £800 debt is based on an error with the meter readings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

And when we do eventually discover the errors they've made, we will help you make a claim for compensation.

• Thanks 1

If you had a nil balance with EoN when you switched and there was no outstanding debt being repaid, they will be giving you some cash before long, as per BF and UB.  Keep on top of Eon as they are rather aggressive with debt collection, even when there is no real debt.  You could ask them how you ended with outstanding debyt on a Prepay account that had no outstanding balance to pay off on it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Are you telling us that the problem has now been resolved?

Okay.

I'm glad it's resolved.

Let us know if there is any further trouble

• Thanks 1

• BankFodder changed the title to prepayment meter in credit but E.ON say i owe them!! **Resolved**

Keep any correwspondence saying is sorted, just in case

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!