• Tweets

• T911, Nick, thanks, I got there in the end! Without boring you with the details, it is precisely the most ridiculous cases that end up being lost - because the Cagger knows the other party's case is rubbish so doesn't do the necessary work on their own case. G24 are well aware of double dipping.  They have either done it deliberately or else have cameras which can't handle multiple visits to the car park which G24 happily leave malfunctioning so the £££££ keep rolling in. Sadly most people aren't like you.  I've just read various reviews for the Retail Park on TripAdvisor and Parkopedia.  Virtually all of them are complaining about these unfair charges for daring to spend time & money shopping in a shopping centre.  Yet no-one is refusing to pay.  They moan but think they have been fined and cough up. G24 are unlikely to do court, but it's not impossible with two tickets. Try to get evidence that you were elsewhere at these times. Often retail parks will intervene, but I've Googled & Googled and cannot find an e-mail address for the place.  Could the manager of one of your favourite shops give you a contact e-mail address for the company that run the retail park? Right at the moment I'm supposed to be teaching someone who runs two shops at the local shopping centre, but I'm not as he has had to go to a meeting with the company that runs the shopping centre, so I know for a fact that these business relationships exist!!!
    • Afternoon DX, The files were in date order. How would I put them into an acceptable format? I'm not that pc literate.  
    • I think you need to tell us what actually happened. Your original post gives the impression that you were taken to court for a speeding offence. But you go on to say that you received no paperwork. So you could not have been summonsed for a speeding offence because the police had no evidence that you (or anybody else) was driving (and it seems you were not anyway). You were probably summonsed (or more likely received a Single Justice Procedure Notice) for "failing to provide the driver's details." You would not normally be banned for this offence if you were convicted - it carries six points. So did you have any earlier points which meant you were liable to a "totting up" ban?  If you were originally convicted (as it seems you might have been) how was that conviction set aside? Did you perform a Statutory Declaration? There is simply too much missing for any meaningful help to be given. It seems as if there may have been an error by the DVLA but before you consider suing those idiots until the cows come home, you need to explain exactly what has happened.  
    • Point 4 and 10 duplicate Point 5 and 8 duplicate  Try to keep to one para with regards the agreement...various paras duplicating the same. Statement of truth is out of date refer to the claimants statement    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mcuth v Egg ****won****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Shocked at Eggs stall tatics!

Before i found about all this I called egg to request all my statements, because I couldn't get them online, I just wanted to see the state of my account since last year. She said because my card has been cancelled i can't see my statements on line and it would cost me £10 a statement.

After I have read this forum I have sent the standard temp letter from this site to request all statements, i sent my £10 cheque and also just so they can't stall much i sent a photocopy of my passport. I did this with First Direct too.

Will let you know what they return.

Egg - WAR!

Natwest - WAR!

First Direct - Got my money back - £ 3249.71

:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Michael-

Tomorrow is the 27 July 2006.

If I am correct this is the day that you are due to issue your Claim against the Rotten Egg.

Kind thoughts to you....:)

Angry Cat

Thanks AC - actually, they have until 28th (Friday) to settle, but given the content of their last letter, I don't think they will. S'ok, the N1 is typed & printed for me to take to the court on Monday, and it'll just cost them an extra £35.22 then :D

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Hi Michael-

I am only a couple of days behind you-

If I may ask you, what did you state on your Particulars of Claim? and.....Have you taken into account Bankfodders post :-Has Egg Counter Claimed against you?

I just wonder, it might prove to be prudent, to analyse Bankfodders view-

Thereby, pre empt Egg's counterclaim?

Only a thought!?

Good Luck for Monday; I will be issuing my County Court Claim against Egg on Wednesday.

Keep the Faith

Angry Cat

Hi AC

Sorry, I have no idea what post of BF's you're talking about - but Egg aren't counter claiming at the moment, cos the claim hasn't been raised yet ;)

This is the template I use for all my Particulars of Claim:

1. The Claimant had an account {number} ("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on or around {date} and closed on or around {date}

2. During the period in which the Account was operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £{amount} and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs;

c) Interest under section 69 County Courts Act (1984) at the rate of 8% a year, from {date} to {date}, of £{interest} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £XXXX

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Claim to be taken to Swindon County Court today - with interest/court fees, the amount has gone up to £85.22 from £50.00

Will PM a mod when the claim is issued...

Cheers

Michael

Case no: 6SN02736

Swindon County Court

Value: £85.22 (£50 + £5.22 interest + £30 fee)

Issue: 31st July 2006

Deemed to be served: 5th August 2006

:D

Cheers

Michael

Good luck,

Boil the egg !!!

hondamad

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

• 2 weeks later...

How is your case going. Have they acknowledged your claim?

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

How is your case going. Have they acknowledged your claim?

Nope, no acknowledgement as yet - they have until the end of this weekend to acknowledge, otherwise I'll be down the court on Monday morning to file for default judgement - muwuhahahahahaha :D

Cheers

Michael

Hi

I seem to be having a problem with my Egg thread - everytime I try to view it in FireFox, it comes back with a blank page, and in IE, I get a "The page cannot be displayed" error. Have cleared cache & cookies several times and don't have a problem viewing any other threads......Any ideas please folks?

Cheers

Michael

any news on this one yet....BTW thanks for your help

HSBC Prelim Letter sent 08/08 recorded delivery requesting £1645 - offer made of £1420 on 18/08 and accepted

:) - a HUGE ;) thanks to CAG.

22/08 DPA to Capital One Sent recorded delivery

22/08 DPA to RBS Advanta Sent recorded delivery

ALWAYS USE RECORDED DELIVERY

No real news - I sent the form in for default judgement on Monday. I'm off on holiday tomorrow (Wednesday) til next Tuesday, so hopefully there should be something waiting for me when I get back :D

Cheers

Michael

How strange - I can view the thread ok when I'm logged out, so I managed to post a reply tonight by logging in during the reply process. Now I can view page 2 of the thread, but not page 1 :confused:

Cheers

Michael

Nice one i am owed £200+ from the toxxxxs. i have already given them plenty of time to settle, i am going to issue a claim against them this week for my costs. i think that egg are the worst bankers!! i have delt with so far. boil em mash em stick em in a stew!!!:D

Well, I've received 2 AoS notices from the court today - dated 15th & 16th August - so I guess that's my default application outta the window, and I just gotta wait & see what happens...

Cheers

Michael

Micaael, I believe that you are in the same boat as me! as my A'o S' was served on the 14 August 2006....However, we will all just have to wait and see How things Pan out. There is more than one way, to fry an Egg!!! Good Luck AC

Received Egg's defence yesterday:

1. The Claimant entered into an Egg credit card agreement with the Defendant in June 2004 (the "Agreement").

2. It is admitted that charges were added to the Claimant's Egg credit card during the course of the Agreement. The charges was [sic] made pursuant to clause 7.1 of the Agreement as a result of the Claimant exceeding his credit limit. Clause 7.1 clearly states:

"if you break the terms of this Agreement we may charge you the following, where relevant, to cover the additional cost to us:

£20 each month you go over the Credit Limit...."

The Claimant exceeded his credit limit twice and charges were added to his credit card accordingly.

3. It is denied that the charges are "punitive" as alleged. The Defendant recognises that customers, such as the Claimant, sometimes exceed their credit limits and/or fail to make or are late in paying the required payments and the Defendant therefore puts in place systems and processes to deal with the same. Such systems and processes include the use of computers, staff and other necessary overheads. The charges set out in Condition 7 of the Agreement are calculated by taking into account the total costs incurred by the Defendant in maintaining those systems and processes and the estimated number of customers (such as the Claimant) who will exceed their credit limits and/or fail to make or are late in paying the required repayments. The Defendant avers therefore that the amount of the charges applied under Condition 7 represents a genuine pre-estimate of the loss and expense caused to the Defendant in respect of such customers exceeding their credit limits and/or failing to make or being late in paying the required repayments.

4. Further the Defendant takes steps to try to ensure that customers such as the Claimant do not incur the charges set out in Condition 7. For example, with respect to observance of his credit limit, the Claimant was able to view his outstanding balance 24 hours a day on the Defendant's website and was thus able to monitor his spending to ensure he did not exceed his credit limit (and thereby avoid any charges under condition 7).

5. Accordingly, it is denied that the charges are unenforceable at common law.

6. It is also denied that section 15 of the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1982 (the "SGSA") applies in this case. Section 15 only applies where the consideration for the service is not determined by the contract. As set out in paragraph 2 above, Clause 7.1 of the Agreement clearly states the amount of the charges. In the event that the court finds that s15 of the SGSA does apply, it is denied that the charges are unreasonable as, as set out above, the charges represent a genuine pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the Defendant as a result of the Claimant's persistent defaults.

7. The Claimant is put to proof that his loss as a result of the charges is £55.22 as alleged.

8. In the event that the Court finds that the default charges levied on the Claimant do constitute an unfair penalty and are thus unenforceable, the Defendant asks the Court to assess the actual cost to the Defendant of dealing with the Claimant's breach of contract in failing to make his repayments.

Statement of Truth

Dated this 25 August 2006

I believe that the facts herein are true.

Signed

David St Clare Nelson

Legal Counsel

ROTFLMFAO - picking this apart is going to be fun :D

Cheers

Michael

Received the Allocation Questionnaire along with a copy of Egg's Defence today. No worries on completing that - might as well have a bash at the reply to defence at the same time :D

Cheers

Michael

Received the Allocation Questionnaire along with a copy of Egg's Defence today. No worries on completing that - might as well have a bash at the reply to defence at the same time :D

Actually, scratch that - I'll return the AQ, but as I'm on holiday from tomorrow til Mon 18th, I'll deal with the reply to the defence when I get back or when the judge orders....

Cheers

Michael

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks