Help! -22 and need short term car insurance

mrviews
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people, Im 22 and I'm looking for short term insurance (around 4-8 weeks from start of Jan 2007)

from your experiences, who would be the best people to go to (and cheapest)

Thanks

Halifax - WON:D (£1,000 put back in account)

Abbey National - WON:D (£521 nice shiny cheque)

Capital One - WON:D (£200 cheque)

HSBC - waiting for court decision:rolleyes:

I don't think you will find many insurers that will do a short term policy for that length of time. Your best bet might be to find a company that accepts payment by instalments and then check out what their short term cancellation rates are. I would also check to see if they levy any "admin" charges in addition to their short term cancellation rates.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope this helps. I work for norwich union and i think they do short term cover as well, but with RAC being now part of AVIVA i think this might help you.

Also do not set up a policy and then cancel the direct debit. You will incur a cancellation charge of around £50. This is now standard for insurance companies as the cost of cancelling a policy is of around £30 as the motor's insurance database needs to be updated and so on.

Hope it helps.

Pay by Day

• 2 weeks later...

Not many Short period policies around these days however you could try a company called Tradex, they tend to do anything thats "unusual" but may be on the pricey side for a standard "personal lines" policy or Co-Op (CIS) Insurance services, they used to do so in the past

Motor Trade, Taxi, Courier & Chauffeur Insurance from Tradex

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)