Moving house - Problem with Virgin Media

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I phoned VM in July to cancel my landline and TV service, but retain the broadband service. All sorted very quickly.

A few days later, I had a call from the "Loyalty Department", who said that if I also retained my landline I could get a discount, but it would be a new 18 month contract. I explained that I would be moving house sometime in the coming months. The caller took the address that I'm moving to and then said that transferring the services would not be a problem as VM serve the house next door. So I went along with it.

This week when I phoned to set the wheels in motion for my move (I now have a completion date), but was firstly told that my new address does not exist!! I explained that it is a newly built property on an existing estate and also what I had been told by the "Loyalty Department". 

I have made numerous phone calls to VM in the past couple of days. Each time I get a different story. One operator said I could get the services transferred, but the majority said that I couldn't. The explanations of why not have been varied - not within our budgeted expenditure, can I wait 18 months, don't have permission from the "Parking Department", was asked whether the house next door had been converted into flats (the property I'm moving into is a detached house).

To cap it all, they will be charging me an "Early Disconnection Fee" which is likely to be several hundred pounds. I have told them that I will not be paying this, in view of the assurance I had been given by the "Loyalty Department" a few weeks ago.

Any advice would be appreciated.

barry

Start off by sending them an SAR.

Also you've been hit since 2006 so you are well aware of our constant advice to read our customer services guide and to record your calls. That means that you got evidence of all of this so it should be quite straightforward.