Chobham Central Garage - Details of Court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Creating this thread to detail my own experience with this dealership and field and find other users with similar stories - I know a few existing threads on this company that exist here already.

I am actively pursuing a court judgement on CCG (Chobham Central Garage) for knowingly selling me a car for £3,000 with a broken heater matrix (£1000 to replace -parts and labour) and for knowingly misleading me on its repair.

The car was sold to me last year (2019) in September/October time frame - I lodged my case with the small claims online service in November and I am now submitting evidence to the local courts and will be awaiting a court date.

I will highlight the details of the case and my multiple exchanges with this firm below and hopefully follow up in time once i receive my court date and ultimately judgement.

If successful this will lead to a  county court judgement against the firm  - I am aware of others here that have had similar judgments in their favour - Steps after that will be to share information on how best to claim moneys ordered by the court.

I will outline the people i dealt with in person and online and provide details that others might find useful.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this. As you actually issued the claim, maybe you'd be kind enough to post up your claim form in PDF format.

Also, are you aware that the difficulty with this firm might be enforcing a judgement. Do you know that for a judgement over £600 you are able to transfer up to the High Court for a very rigourous enforcement procedure.

Presumably they have put in a defence. Please could you post up their defence in PDF format as well.

Dear Bank Fodder,

Thanks for your reply - I appreciated your previous posts related to this firm. Thank you for the information relating to the High court, i will bear that in mind also

I will post everything related to the case in due course once i have it well organised as well as detailed instructions to others on how to take action on this firm in anyway i can.

• Thanks 1

In the meantime maybe you would consider sending me the claim form and the defence by email to our admin email address. It would be in confidence

Don't necessarily use this company – you should shop around for enforcement that here is a video which tells you something about the procedure

You need to make sure that it is agreed that if they are unable to enforce the judgement, that you will not pay any fee other than the initial £66 or so transfer-up fee.

High Court enforcement can cost as much as £2000 and that will normally be added to the amount which is enforced and that means that it would be Chobham Central motors who would have to pay it.
Oh how we laughed.

The email addresses linked in the post I made 18.04 on Friday. All you have to do is to hover over the link and it will show you

I'm afraid i couldn't find it as you described - 

I googled it however and found what i believe is the correct address from another part of this site "admin@ etc"

Hopefully you will receive it shortly

Happy to take your advice on what is appropriate to post and what may not be so.

I don't see anything wrong with putting up both documents in scanned PDF format. It may be helpful to other people.

I have to say that your claim form is overly long. It discloses far too much evidence – a much simpler form of words was all that was necessary.

I'm very concerned that the defendant apparently says that they tried to pay you £500 but you gave the wrong bank details.

Thanks BankFodder - appreciate the feedback 

I have emails (many) with Mikael Shamir which can demonstrate that  i did not provide incorrect bank details (they were, for whatever reason best know to themselves, wasting my time)

So did they offer you £500 or not? Did you accept it or not?

It will be helpful if you could tell us what happened 

Sure - Intending to post the sequence of events, as summarily as possible shortly..

But to your question - Yes they offered 500, Yes i accepted - The insisted i sign a non disclosure form - which i did after amending it to ensure it was non valid if they failed to deposit funds. They failed to deposit funds citing the details were incorrect   - which they werent.

Okay well if you have evidence of that then that will help you enormously when it goes to court.

I don't think there's much else we can say at the moment. I think you need to get your documents together and if you've have a look at the suggestions we make on our advice about how to prepare your court bundle, you might find this useful.