• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

AT LAST! Contract Performance .............. or rather lack of it ............ Gawd sorry but it's bin hard work to get you guys (& gals) to argue performance .............. what you bought wasn't what you thought or were led to believe it was

Originally Posted by JonCris

It's like buying a new car only to find that you've bought a wreck & the dealer won't honour the warranty

Or...

It's like taking out a mortgage for 25 years only to be told after about 30 months "...sorry...no can do - pay up the rest of the contract or we will take your house." Unfair relationship anyone?

JC are you still like me of the belief that the EU angle we discussed some time ago has legs? I know it would be an absolute mountain. But that's not what I'm asking. Thoughts?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

I agree it's no time for a love in..but flattered :D..I'm a 'darling'..:)

I don't know if anyone else has done the calculations and I don't blame you if you haven't. The variables and payments would equal a deficit at some time sooner or later, usually sooner and the long term then speaks for itself.

Some of the companies didn't give their stats so it's only what the FSA has gathered so far. Capstone won't release anything even though their fees are common knowledge. Like getting blood from a stone...

Didn't the FSA state that had they known what these securitized mortgages consisted of & how little they protected the borrower they would never have agreed to them & shall not in the future .............. talk about closing the stable door

Clearly like most regulators they didn't understand securitization they just believed what the banks told them

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol … as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting"

- Batman Begins

Had letter from LMC stating that the buildings ins previously arranged by them has come to an end & there is an overpayment of £90 which they will reduce from the arrears.

Even though the policy schedule had to be shown in court,they wouldn't accept it & refund what was owed.

But the main thing noted is that the policy schedule MUST note the interest of SPML on behalf of LMC as mortgagee.

Does this mean we are NOT in a securitisation then?

Little Dotty have you written to them and asked about securitisation? I did..got an initial fob off but then they admitted it and gave the company name and dates. Did you have your own insurance already? It seems common that even if you are not in arrears they WILL NOT refund anything, they only take it from the sum owing leaving the consumer X amount of £'s short for managing their income. A way of grabbing as much overpayment as they can.

JonCris, the FSA have known what the risks were for years and how it could all belly up. Any person that is educated in basic economics could have predicted the cycle and what was coming. We have natural cycles of boom and bust..the government are there to smooth them out and act accordingly to prevent them.

Too busy taking the cream and the fiscal policies flew out of the window . So much for Prudence Brown and the fiasco Labour have created. A red tape society for all those acting in good faith but no teeth to bite it with. Blame everyone but keep quiet all the papers that show it was inevitable if we adopted the same securitisation ways of the US.

They knew that's why they have filtered in various aspects on brokers. A strange comparison but it's like buying a sausage roll from Greggs and being allowed to just sniff it and take a nibble. It has a sell by date and once that has passed it's consigned to the bin.

Had letter from LMC stating that the buildings ins previously arranged by them has come to an end & there is an overpayment of £90 which they will reduce from the arrears.

Even though the policy schedule had to be shown in court,they wouldn't accept it & refund what was owed.

But the main thing noted is that the policy schedule MUST note the interest of SPML on behalf of LMC as mortgagee.

Does this mean we are NOT in a securitisation then?

I dont know how to respond to these thieves but,I have had the same experience with oakwood/mars, and they are taking me to court for a repo hearing!!! so My Judge will hear about it

I sent a Subject Access Request and surprise surprise I got back a copy of their insurance invoice which was £370 less than they are charging me.

Also within the SAR no reference to securitisation or who has the legal rights to do what!!

Check your policies and dont let em get away with it

ohitsonlyme

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifSubject Access Request A Subject Access Request is a demand which you can make to any organisation to disclose any personal information which they hold on you. The right to disclosure of data is provided by the Data Protection Act.

There is no time limit. The

I sent a Subject Access Request and surprise surprise I got back a copy of their insurance invoice which was £370 less than they are charging me.

Also within the Subject Access Request no reference to securitisation or who has the legal rights to do what!!

I have SAR them & got nothing mentioning securitisation or even a copy of the insurance paperwork.

When we initally took out the mortgage with them,we took out the insurance. It was only when we had a fire & came to claim on it that we was told the insurance was for there protection only,that was after 3 months of being sent from pillar to post,because no-one could find any details of us or paperwork.

We got our own insurance eventually,but even after requesting them to cancel there insurance they wouldn't until we proved that we had buildings insurance,even when we did they wouldn't cancel it & that was 25 months ago.

So £90 odd pound is way less than what we have been paying...more like £400 should be reimbursed.

One question I would like to ask...Originally the mortgage was taken out with Matlock Bank t/a LMC,which we have the mortgage deed as.

As the account was transferred/sold to SPML shouldn't a new mortgage deed have been signed between us & SPML?

if this is the case,could we argue this in court,as technically we have no privity of contract with SPML.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATFULL.

Lil'dotty, all

If you are going to court, and have filed your witness statement, stating your mortgage has been sold to the SPV in a true-sale securitisation(eg Eurosail), then you have a chance to set aside the possession. I did and the lender is to appeal. They tried the Pender ploy, but the evidence my solicitor and I had was enough.

ITBG?

on air

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

If you are going to court, and have filed your witness statement, stating your mortgage has been sold to the SPV in a true-sale securitisation(eg Eurosail), then you have a chance to set aside the possession. I did and the lender is to appeal. They tried the Pender ploy, but the evidence my solicitor and I had was enough.

ITBG

I dont know if it has been securitised as it states in there letter to put the insurance in the interest of SPML.

Not been to court for awhile but im sure it won't be long before they do,for the sake of £12.68.

Other than that we feel the only thing we can get them on is not being in privity of contract with them as we didn't sign the deeds with them.

LD,

What did your insurance documents say before they asked you to put it to SPML? Note, as SPML is defunct, it does not matter if they ask this of you now, as they have nothing to lose. They are trading insolvently, but PWC won't inform CH, that's why CH are pursuing legal action against the directors/SPML for them. If SPML reveal its accounts it will directly have to go into administration.

In my SAR, it disclosed 24hrs after SPML sold the mortgages to Eurosail, Capstone, wrote to my insurance company to inform them to change the mortgagee to Eurosail(on their letterhead). The Judge thought this was important evidence.

ITBG?

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

The insurance stated London Mortgage Company,but the address stated " Dummy Dummy Dummy" (you can't help but laugh at that,because it's about right) Thats why they carried on using there insurance company & wouldn't accept ours...because of the address & stating they never received a copy.

LD,

Looks like a right mess, was'nt LMC a trading name of SPML?

In any event, you will have to go right back to when you went to court, and SuperSleuth was helping you with the Matlock bank sale to LMC?

ITBG?

I have SAR them & got nothing mentioning securitisation or even a copy of the insurance paperwork.

When we initally took out the mortgage with them,we took out the insurance. It was only when we had a fire & came to claim on it that we was told the insurance was for there protection only,that was after 3 months of being sent from pillar to post,because no-one could find any details of us or paperwork.

We got our own insurance eventually,but even after requesting them to cancel there insurance they wouldn't until we proved that we had buildings insurance,even when we did they wouldn't cancel it & that was 25 months ago.

So £90 odd pound is way less than what we have been paying...more like £400 should be reimbursed...................

Hi LittleDotty,

two questions you need to answere:

1. Was London Mortgage Company bought up and the mortgage books absorbed by SPML or is LMC still a working legal private limited company?

2. lf the mortgage books were sold or transferred to SPML from LMC, did they inform you about the sale/transfer of the legal title of your mortgage and if so did you object?

As for insurances, why are you forced to insure through your mortgagee? l've never understood this issue as they cannot force you to do so except if your mortgage contract agreement expressively states so. lf you want cheap and excellent insurance for your homes at less than £300.00 a year, PM me.

Gustavius

Was London Mortgage Company bought up and the mortgage books absorbed by SPML or is LMC still a working legal private limited company?

I don't know if it was bought up or transferred over. As far as I am aware LMC is still working.

lf the mortgage books were sold or transferred to SPML from LMC, did they inform you about the sale/transfer of the legal title of your mortgage and if so did you object?

We didn't get any information that LMC had sold/transferred to SPML,they state a letter was sent,but nothing was received. The court even asked for the transfer of assignment,which they failed to produce.

As for insurances, why are you forced to insure through your mortgagee? l've never understood this issue as they cannot force you to do so except if your mortgage contract agreement expressively states so.

It stated on the key facts we would be charged an amount if we didn't take out insurance with them. Premiums are included within the cmi.

There insurance has now come to an end & they want proof that we are insured,which we have presented in court,but they are still not happy with what we have provided.

Does lmc now matter

Im the bad guy ? and his solicitor has the evidence to stop spml repossessions. spml and the others can now all jog on.

you the man Im the bad guy ?

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol … as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting"

- Batman Begins

it ain't over yet, they appealed with a circuit Judge hearing, next month.

their maggotfarmer in court said, they did not need to disclose documents under CPR31.6, for a possession hearing?

don't know where that came from, my solicitor said it was nonsense. So still waiting for the disclosure of the mortgage sale document.

ITBG?

holding breath

Edited by I'm the bad guy?

As far as I remember LMC was one of the first to close it's doors as a spin-off from SPML. Business was passed to SPML but all still goes through Capstone or the other admin. company (Oakwood?) as they are now just names.

As for the insurance....they charge you for not taking out their own insurance (which only cover them) and for checking yours is suitable(?), has the insured sum on and their marked interest ( either SPML or someone you haven't heard of). The 'fee' is around £100 and you have to pay a similar arrangement fee even if they put in place block insurance to protect only their interest.

They are never happy with any insurance you provide and will delay and delay until they have taken enough premiums and arrangements fees. They will then only refund these back to the mortgage account and not to the account they were taken from. Easy money and a way of clawing back arrears or adding charges.

In all 6 years of being with them they have never made it easy to submit insurance and we go through the same comical routine of sending it at least 3 times and they lose it, deny it's validity...This year they have excelled themselves and asked for it 2 months early ..or else..

Originally posted by Crapstone

They are never happy with any insurance you provide and will delay and delay until they have taken enough premiums and arrangements fees. They will then only refund these back to the mortgage account and not to the account they were taken from. Easy money and a way of clawing back arrears or adding charges.

Hi Crapstone and others. This is yet another example of why we would never have got involved with these feckers. I thought there were laws and regulators to stop this kind of abuse going on? My mistake then.

They claim, point blank, there is no insurance on my account. They've never mentioned it, never made a seperate charge for it and they have never ever taken a single penny from me to chip in towards some clandestine block policy I know nothing about.

Still doesn't account for where the money is going though does it? Because the principal loan amount is never amortized despite the loan being a repayment loan.

Oh and don't fall for the haven't they gone quiet BS. They may have done for some of us but they are still very active in the repo business.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"