Whirlpool Tumble Dryer recall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, it's been a while since I last sought some advice but as I'm sure you can see by the title I am one of the many with a dodgy whirlpool/creda tumble dryer.

Before the most recent whirlpool moving of goal posts in the last week I reacted when the Government stepped in at the begining of July 2019.

I called Whirlpool and was not surprised to find that I had one of the deadly Tumble dryers, I was told to unplug my machine immediately and they would arrange for an engineer to come and see me.

I work for myself and the only time I am available is from 7- 8am and after 6pm.

I was told that they could not guarantee me a time but could only give me a four hour window and after 6pm was not within their available times.

An engineer arrived at 10.30am and put a sticker on my machine stating "DO NOT USE" and issued me a print out confirming that he had issued me this disclaimer.

I asked why he was unable to fix and was told he didn't have the parts.

I asked what parts were needed and was told.

New drum with a conical back and something for the rear of the machine.

Ten days later and having to take another morning off work the engineer arrived and changed the parts, then upon final inspection he discovered the "new" drum was warped and told me he would have to order another.

Five days later and still without dryer, the engineer returned and changed drum and left.

This was at the start of the really hot spell we have been experiencing of late and I foolishly never checked the dryer and just did my washing and hung on clothes line.

Today I have a big summer wash and clothes line full so I thought I would use dryer to speed things along and started the machine to be greeted by a squeal and a realisation that there is no heat in any setting, it simply tosses and turns clothes but doesn't dry!

Called the Hotpoint recall line and was politely told that it was not a recall problem as my machine had been mended, rather it was a Customer Service issue!!??

I asked why it wasn't a recall issue as my machine was fully working before the work performed and my machine had not been mended rather it had been broken!??

Contacted Customer Service and have been told that they will not be sending an engineer out and as my machine is a few years old my damage was coincidental with the recall work and was now broken due to wear & tare!!!???

🤐😈😑🤷🤦