Lu v Nationwide

Lu1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

I'm currently at the first stage of claiming £2600 back from the Nationwide. Sent my 1st letter on the 9th November and i've received a letter from Nationwide basically fobbing me off. They have advised me that i should have been fully aware of the charges when i opened my account and when i signed the application form for my account. They add at the end that i should appreciate this is why they cannot refund any of my charges.

Please help, shall i continue with my time scale and send my second letter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :?

good luck to everyone else!!

i've just recieved the same letter today... i sent my first letter using the template provided by penaltycharges.co.uk which gives the bank 14 days to comply... otherwise I take legal action.

Does anyone know if I need to send a 2nd letter or do I just go straight to the small claims court once the 14 days are up?

Just wondering what happens when you're in this process but still getting charges on your account? I've sent off my second letter (LBA) but just got thsi months statement and I've got £150 of charges :-(

Can I add it on when I issue the claim or do I just have to write this off and be happy with what I get??????

Add it on at the court stage, pretty sure that's what you do.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

Just wondering what happens when you're in this process but still getting charges on your account? I've sent off my second letter (LBA) but just got thsi months statement and I've got £150 of charges :-(

Can I add it on when I issue the claim or do I just have to write this off and be happy with what I get??????

I had also sent out my initial claim & have since received further charges. I am just going to add them to my final claim when I issue court proceedings.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Well todays the day when I issue court proceedings - I am so scared!!!

But determined to get all these charges back - so a little excited aswell!!

It would be so good to get the charges back before Christmas.

Does anyone know just before I do my online court claim if I can claim for the charges my account will get in January ( Nationwide list the charges on your statement but then only take it out 30days after) so for my December statement I have another £150 of charges but that will only be taken out in january. Any advice??

I don't know if I'm just getting greedy now though!! hee hee

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely,

Oh my god I have just checked my account (as I have been doing ALL the time since issuing court) and I have been credited in full!!

I am so pleased - now it gives me chance to get my finances sorted. Think I might take on Natwest next!

Thanks to everyones help and advice on the forum - it is SO helpful and makes you realise you are not doing this by yourself.

Good luck everyone

x

Hi

Well I was wrong the other day and Nationwide have underpaid, I am claiming back £ 2633 and they have only paid back £1911. From reading other threads I can see Nationwide do pull this little trick but any advice on what I do now???:mad:

Have they sent a letter detailing the sum to be credited \ detailing their workings?

I would reply stating you will accept their offer as *partial* payement only and will continue your claim to court to get back the rest of your monies.

G.