X4less 9 + CRS

Geedi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have cancelled my membership with x4less on their website after 12 months as per agreement,

i have received letters from Hartland and CRS saying we couldnt collect the monthly DD as it has been cancelled.

I have sent them a letter via RM offering them to pay the "returned" DD of £12.79:

This is my letter:

"I cancelled my direct debit for xercise4less on 10th February ; exactly after 12 months as per the minimum contract period (see attached letters).

This gave notice to quit the gym membership at xercise4less

I have only seen a letter from yourselves today stating that my bank have advised you that my February instalment has been returned unpaid "instruction cancelled". 

This letter is an offer to pay you £12.79 that was apparently “returned” to my account if you supply me with a reference and a bank payment details.

If you demand any higher amount due to admin fees or any other reason, I will pay you nothing and this offer is valid for 14 days only."

This is their reply:

"Further to your recent contact with CRS.

We have been passed your file by Xercise 4 Less in regards to unpaid arrears due under the terms of your Membership Agreement.

On 9 FEB 18 you entered into a Membership Agreement with Xercise 4 Less via an online sign up process. Upon providing your details, including your name, address, bank account details, e-mail address and date of birth, you agreed to pay £12.79 a month for a minimum period of 1 months

As your minimum term of payments was not honoured and you failed to rectify your breach of Agreement charges were applied to your account and your file was referred to ourselves for collection.

Having signed your Membership Agreement online you have entered into an enforceable contract and you remain liable to clear your account balance. There not being a signed document would not make you any less liable to pay.

https://xercise4less.snapdda.co.uk/Clients/Xercise/MasterTermsAndConditions.pdf

Please contact us within the next 7 days on 01444 449165 to discuss repayment of your balance."

Please advice on next move. 

Regards,

ignore now totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Geedi and welcome to CAG

Have you paid a total of 12 months fees before the DD mandate was cancelled.

Don't reply to Harlands/CRS at all for now.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

@slick132

Hi,

Yes, I first paid £27.79, which consisted of a joining fee of £15.00 and the first monthly payment of £12.79. I then paid 12 more DD payments of £12.79 each for 12 months there after. Last payment left my account on the 9th of Feb 2019.  Total paid so far is 27.79+12*12.79= £181.27.  Then I cancelled my membership on their website and cancelled the DD on my account. So, in reality I paid them 13 months.  

Regards,

Great - so you've paid 12 months fees or more and they refused to accept your final fee offered for the notice period.

Ignore further demands from Harlands/CRS but keep us posted.

It's best to give a months notice to cancel so you pay a final fee after giving notice. See the guide here so you get it right next time - 

😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Thank you for this information. 

Yes, exactly. I have definitely paid 12 months plus the first payment of £27.79.

I have blocked their numbers and I didn't reply to any of their emails. 

I will keep you posted. Cheers.

Regards,