Barclays query?

BIGWIG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Started the ball rolling this morning by sending off the DPA letter for statements/charges for the last six years, I must admit I'm starting to feel a little nervous now though!

The one thing to keep me going is the fact that there must be a good couple of grand there that would come in real handy right now. Fingers crossed, Woohoo!!

Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Power to the people and good luck to all!!!!!!!!

Two words of encouragement: good and luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Following my DPA letter sent 21/4/2000, I received a letter from Barclays yesterday stating how they are under no obligation to advise me of any manual interventions on my accout blah dee blah, etc, etc, etc, however they will send out a copy of statements dating back to April 2000. They have also sent back my £10 cheque as they claim this is not needed (If only they were this efficient in handing money back when facing claims).

Would I be correct in thinking that by Barclays not advising me of any manual interventions then this this could work to my advantage if this actually goes all the way to court?

As appropriately stated by a certain famous dance goup: WHAT WE HAVE HEAR IS A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE LAW.

Power to the people,

BIGWIG

• 2 weeks later...

Received my 6 years worth of statements yesterday (took from 21/4) and have had a quick look through today, it looks to be around the £2500 mark. Will do a proper count and send off the preliminary letter ASAP.

• 5 weeks later...

Have had some personal probs so have not been able to progress my claim till now. Have added up my charges and am looking at £2405, can someone please confirm exactly what the schedule of charges is that goes with the prelim letter? Is this the Excel spreadsheet or shall i just do a list of charges with dates? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but my head is in the shed at the mo and i just need to try and get this done (correctly) sooner rather than later.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi Bigwig

I am new to this site and I am looking into getting some money back from Barclays, just found out that my charges has gone up to £30 from £25 the cheeky sods. Tell me, how much did they quote you for the getting your statement for up to six years, I know it is £5 just for a few months.

I sent the general DPA request letter from templates with a £10 cheque, I then received a letter advising me that what I had requested was not a DPA request but they would send them out free charge. They returned the cheque and statements arrived about a week later.

Thanks for getting back.

So what is a DPA request letter and where do I obtain one? I can't wait to get started in trying to get some money back, before I didn't think it was possible.

Sandra

you can find all the relevant letters here in the bank templates library, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

also have a read around the FAQ section http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5 as almost everything you need to know is explained there. hope this is of help to you.

Good luck and Welcome.

Sandra please start your own thread as you are hi-jacking this one and a question that was asked was nearly missed by us .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Have had some personal probs so have not been able to progress my claim till now. Have added up my charges and am looking at £2405, can someone please confirm exactly what the schedule of charges is that goes with the prelim letter? Is this the Excel spreadsheet or shall i just do a list of charges with dates? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but my head is in the shed at the mo and i just need to try and get this done (correctly) sooner rather than later.

Any help is very much appreciated.

a schedule of charges is a list of all your charges with the workings out ie:

02.10.2000 £20 Over Draft excess fee + interest at 8% at XXXp x 2009 days =

you do this for each charge

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Sandra please start your own thread as you are hi-jacking this one and a question that was asked was nearly missed by us .

Oops I am sorry, it’s my first time, so trying to find my way round this site, and I will try and find this thread and will use it.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally managed yesterday to get my prelim letter sent off with a schedule of charges and it all added up to £2,340.00. I'm feeling much more confident after reading the success of some of the guys/gals on here too.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks