Here's a ticky one! Me v 24/7 Electrical

blawrie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i am having all sorts of problems with a company many of you will have heard of called 24/7 electrical.

Little story..

I bought a TV (samsung LCD) which arrived stating on a little sticker it was HD ready. I also thought it was HD ready from the 24/7 website. Now, i cannot prove the last bit as (oddly enough) i did not take a screen dump, and low and behold, its changed.

Now, i can prove that there is a little sticker, despite the companies prostetations, that the TV states on it that it is HD ready, which it is not.

The company are stating that they never said its HD ready therefore its not their problem, and as they are such nice people (angry-smiley-030.gif ) they will let me return it for £20.

Does anybody know where i stnd here? its not my fault the company describes it as HD Ready, yet it has, and samsung can't take the tv off me as they didn;t sell it to me (TV is also on buy now pay later by the way).

Help! I have a TV sat in its box, and nowhere to go here! frown.gif

links:

24/7 the item: 247Electrical.co.uk - Samsung LE19R71BX / 19in LCD TV

Samsung website: SAMSUNG's Digital World - Television | R71 Series

Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale). source: http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page24700.html

They have sold you a product that was incorrectly described and therefore you are entitled to a FULL refund (as you paid) without penalty charge.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

I fully agree, but their argument is that the item was not misdescribed by them, but samsung, so its not their problem.

I get the feeling i'm off to court with this one.

It might be worth having a word with your local Trading Standards about this (quoting the Trade Descriptions Act). As far as I remember it's the advertiser's responsibility to ensure that goods advertised for sale are correctly described. I'd be surprised if 24/7 can escape this responsibility by 'hiding' behind Samsung.

Having said that, a stumbling block seems to be what you say regarding proof ("Now, i cannot prove the last bit as (oddly enough) i did not take a screen dump, and low and behold, its changed"). It could be worthwhile seeing if TS will ask 24/7 for details of any changes they have made, but don't hold your breath for an answer!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

You might be in luck here, mate...

The wayback machine has kept a record of their site:

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

Have a browse through and see if you can find the original description.

Had to use this technique myself for a very similar reason! :grin:

Good luck!

i did not take a screen dump, and low and behold, its changed.

edinburghbeerbucket :D