I really need help. Npower breached SAR and GDPR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How long have you been with Npower?

Not since 2006 surely?

Have you lodged a formal complaint with them? If so what stage are you at?

Have you informed the energy ombudsman?

What correspondence have you got ? Do you mean 2016?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take back control.

You'll be looking at getting a refund or compo here, a debt from 12 years ago and you've blindly been paying them, you've been cash cowed.

Get taht SAR off to them today, STOP all payments, if they have your card details then inform your bank to remove any continuous payment authority (CPA) they have on the card, if you've been conned into setting up a DD, then cancel it.

What does your credit file show?

STOP emailing them, and certainly DO NOT talk to them over the phone, keep EVERYTHING in writing, and ALWAYS obtain ''Proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, keep a diary of events, and try and collate as much evidence you have, this stinks, and is very wrong.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just ask us! You are entitled to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time. (If you write to, email or phone us and ask to see this information, it is known as a ‘subject access request’ or ‘SAR’ for short) You can do so by:

• telephoning us on 0800 073 3000 (free from most landlines) or 0330 100 3000 (included in any 'inclusive minutes' from mobiles);
  • Contacting us through npower.com – Contact Customer Service and choose the “Other” option; or
  • writing to us at Data Protection SARs Team, npower, Rainton House, Hougton-Le-Spring, Cygnet Way, Sunderland, DH4 5QZ.

When we receive your request we will send you a form to fill in and you will have to pay a fee of £10. If you do not return the form or pay the £10 fee, we will not be able to deal with your request.

Get the request in today, start the ball rolling.

You need to exhaust their complaints procedure, which you have started yes?

Once they have had 8 weeks in which to satisfy the complaint, you can then escalate it to the energy ombudsman.

How much are they conning out of you on the pre payment meter?

Yes that's all been gone over before, the time to complain will be when the OP submits the SAR.

And you can add to that the misinformation about WHY they keep documents, and it has NOTHING to do with DPA, it's to do with money laundering, have you ever contacted the CEO about this?

Seems like his staff don't know their left from right.

Simply lodge a formal complaint, with the express intent of escalating beyond their control.

Dear Bill & Ben,

Since dd/mm/yyyy I have been forced to pay for a debt, via prepayment meter, which I have disputed since dd/mm/yyyy.

Due to the time scales involved, and the apparent unwillingness to assist your customers, I would request a 'deadlock' letter so I am able to escalate this protracted complaint further.

I look forward to your timely response.

Regards.

• Haha 1

WHEN, did you submit your SAR?

Did you send it recorded delivery?

Don't forget they have 40 calendar days in which to furnish you with the SAR.

All they have done is to regurgitate standard responses, simply wait for the SAR.

Obviously you're still going to be paying them as they've shoved a PP meter in, try not to get too emotional about it, it isn't anything personal, the phone drones simply read what's put in front of them, and the computer spits out what it's told.

That's OK, quite often we forget it's nothing personal, I'm the worst one for that, always going off at them and taking it very personally.......have to remind myself on a daily basis!

Yes 40 calendar days for the SAR.

I'm simply guessing, that they've not escalated NOR read your complaints previously, so the ace up your sleeve is to allow them the time laid down in which they have to address and rectify your complaint (8 weeks) and then when they fail, armed with the info from the SAR, you hit the CEO with your findings, and if they don't rectify it, off to the energy ombudsman, and if they fail, then time to hit the media.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All I can say is keep meticulous logs of everything, all payments made, dates times etc, have you demanded Nshower comply with your legal request?

How about getting onto their CEO? Try and speed things up a bit.

I despise energy companies with a passion, almost as much as the DWP, and that's going some!!

Can only advise, keep everything in writing, keep on top of that complaint with the ICO, and above all else continue making formal complaints to Nshower including on their social media sites, embarrass them on there.

No payment was sent as they send you a form according to their website with request for payment.

I have followed it up multiple times. I have been ignored every time. In fact I’ve been ignored for years.

Thank you.

Well I'd ignore the lies on their website and send them a SAR off here, along with the £10 fee, that way then they have no wriggle room to shirk their legal responsibilities, the reason why you've been ignored to date is because the legal process hasn't been followed.