HMRC child benefit overpayment and safe penalty fine

bones01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all ,

Wondering if anyone would be able to offer any help with regards to my current situation please .

Myself and husband have been in receipt of child benefit since my eldest was born (16)

we had no idea that in 2013 it because income tested and since 2013 my husband has earned I'm excess of 50k making us no longer eligible for child benefit .

In August this year we received a letter stating we owed in excess of £5000 and was to be fined £847 for not informing them within 3 years we no longer should be in receipt of the benefit .

We have set up a plan to repay the amount over 2 years and are aware there is a further £1700 coming after completing the 2016-2017 saf they have asked us to do .

We are not disputing the amount or refusing to repay

we have spent hours on phone calls trying to tirelessly get a solution to the amount

( they are not particularly helpful nor seem to know what other sept are doing )

I do however feel that the £847 fine is unfair as we have as soon as recieved the letter done everything they have asked and more .

However after a brief letter explaining to appeal this fine they refused to quash it .

I was wondering if anyone had any joy gettting this removed ?

Or if anyone had any advice or letter template to retry to get this quashed or reduced at least ?

Many thanks

[email protected]

Morgan & Stanley/ Goldfish / Barclaycard : F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

HSBC : Managed Loan .F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

Littlewoods: No CCA , PPI INsurance claim. Took to court. Charges refunded. WON :D appealing Default on CRA's- ongoing :|