• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Shaw v's LLoyds TSB

finman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Found this site through Martins Money Saving Expert. I have read all the pro's and cons of reclaiming charges. The biggest draw back seems to be removal of Facilities and cards, so to make sure I have opened another account at another bank (just in case, but I will probably switch anyway). Now I can e-mail my initial letter for details of charges with a contingency plan. Fingers crossed.

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

30/06/06 Money Claim 6QZ55487

I also belong to Martins Money Tips. Bloody good site.

Welcome.

Have fun reading through all and sundry, especially everyone's elses threads, they are helpful in everyway.

Good luck and see you at the end.

Lorraine

Halifax - Since 2003 £1,186 DPA Request: 24.03.06

PRL - sent Recorded 05.04.06

Letter received 07.04.06 - Thanks but No thanks

LBA - 20.04.06 Refused Money Claim filed 08.05.06

Served 14.05 Acknowledged 16.05.06 - 28 days to go

:D WON - PAID IN FULL 25.05.06

Lloyds [/i]- Since 2000 £780.31 - DPA Request: 23.03.06

PRL - sent recorded 10.04.2006

Letter Rec'd 13.04 - Not interested

LBA - 13.04.06 Money Claim filed 25.04.06

Served 01.05.06 & Acknowledged 03.05.06. - 28 days to go

Defence received 25.05 - Here we go

Thanks for the welcoming's; I have now e-mailed my initial letter to the bank asking for a breakdown of charges. I will keep you all informed.

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Just had a reply, the standard one from Keith Boden saying he will pass it on to the copy statements manager. He also says he has attached a PDF to tell me how to complain about my bank, guess what!!! there was no attachment. well they have till the 30th May to send them to me.

A friend of mine who works for the bank has told me that they normally send statements out ASAP due to the concequences of failing to supply, they are more scared of the Data protection stuff than the courts.

This is the letter sent to me today:

Thank you for the e-mail.

I acknowledge your request for copies of statements/charge transactions on your account since January 2000.

Your e-mail has been passed on to the Manager of the Copy Statement Unit and I have asked that he notes your requests and arranges for a response to be sent to you at the earliest opportunity.

In case you haven't received a copy of our leaflet called 'How to voice your concerns' I've attached one to my e-mail. This tells you all you need to know about resolving your complaint with us.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB - Service Recovery

Birmingham

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Right, I found all my bank statements apart from the last year, so I phoned Phone bank and got a monthly breakdown of charges for the missing year.

I have calculated £3.5k in overdraft excess fees and Returned DD's. one month they took £480 in charges from me for Returned DD's. This figure does not include interest for usage of the overdraft, just the excess charges.

If this does go to claim then the intrest will bump it up to £4.3k, so I hope it goes to claim!!!

The other thing I notice is that in a 9 month period LTSB increased their OD usage charge from £20 to £25 to £30 which I find pathetic considering that they are also getting the Intrest on it.

I have just used the template in the Library and I have made the amendments to the prelim letter and it will be in the post recorded delivery in the morning.:)

This site has made it so much easier to understand the fraud that has been going on and how to deal with it, thank you everyone (I know I am at the start of it all but it has been a big insight)

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Just had the standard letter from Davis just, stating no go away and if you proceed then you may lose facilities. Thats fine as I have my parachute account. So next step is to do LBA after the 14 days have expired.:)

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter, on Friday saying the bank is charging me £35 for going overdrawn £1.01p. So I will just add it to my claim. Going to send my LBA tomorrow so it is there on tuesday for mr Just. Also got a letter saying my DPA letter needs a £10 fee with it, even though I sent it with the hard copy. I also sent the request in e-mail, they must be reading the e-mailand not the hard copy, my £10 fee was paid by postal order and it was recorded and signed for. In the letter they state that the 40 days does not start untill payment is received, I might just let it ride for the 40 days and report them. God I am turning nasty:rolleyes:

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Letter before action letter sent recorded:) I shall now sit back and wait for 14 days or for a get lost reply (which is the most likely).

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

good luck to the both of us.

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Got a reply of D Just in reference to my LBA. It basically states that the bank will not budge on their decision not to repay the charges and if i have a problem with that then go to the financial ombudsman. The letter did state it was a final response. Due to the line stating this is the banks final response on the matter I have now filed my Moneyclaim under reference 6QZ30781. 14 days to acknowledge.:)

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

God help them if they get you to court on the wrong date;)

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Right my moneyclaim request was accepted by the court today, so the 14 days to acknowledge start from now, is that right? so the 29th is my next deadline date:rolleyes:

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Hi,

think its 14 days for acknowledgement from Lloyds - if they defend which they are going to do with mine - they have 28 days from date of acknowledgement. - 28th Msy is my deadline - waiting and watching for post to arrive with questionnaire - not sure what its all about but patience is a virtue. God help the courts with all the PMS going around this site.

Lorraine

so what if they dont acknowledge?

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

They wont - !!!! (sorry, laughing at that comment). You made my day saying that .I wish they wouldnt. Cannot remember but believe you have won- default !!!

I havent got all the details up - but it might be helpful to read up on other threads - sorry cannot be of any other help. I am working - well trying and not getting very far - with work that is!!!

Lorraine

God help them if they get you to court on the wrong date;)

Heeheehee.....too right!! And believe I get it bad!!!

Good luck with your claims guys............i'm still waiting for my acknowledgement ;-)

Just spoke to the Courts Lloyds have had the serve made and the days are ticking now.

I was also informed of the following, they have 14 days from date of serve, if they acknowledge then they get 28 days but not from the date they acknowledged but from the date of the serve.

So that means my next date for action are 06/06/06 (666 haha) 14days for no acknowledgment (as if), or the 19/06/06 date for defence to be submitted by Lloyds

Fingers crossed;)

Edit: just saw Lorraine's post above and she had already stated the above. Thanks

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Quick update, the bank have acknowledged my claim and the next deadline is the 19/06/06 for them to file a defence, just have to sit back and wait:rolleyes:

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Ok, saturday 27th got an envelope with 2 letters in it from Lloyds' solicitors. One letter (the open letter) which states that they intend to defend the case in court and they will be filing a defence. This was what I expected.

The second letter was an offer to settle for the full amount to be paid direct to my account within 14 days, the only thing was it had a couple of clauses, which are the normal ones thay state to all on the first offer, such as bank manager account review, confidentiality agreement, no future claims, etc.

I will be speaking to the banks solicitors tomorrow to let them know my decision!!

I shall also post the letters on here when I get a chance.

At least it is moving in the right direction!!!:D

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

Spoke to their solicitor and she said that Lloyds will be dealing with all future claims in this way from now on, as it is easier for them to settle quickly and move onto the next case. She also said that they are becoming inundated with claims!!! must be a heavy work load she has.:)

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

make sure the money is sitting in your account before you stop your claim.People have been caught out before by false promises.

• Confused 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Did their Solicitor actually say they would settle all claims without going to court??? Even though we know they would ;-)

They might as well put posters in their branches next telling people how to sue them!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks