NHS PPC Fraud!

ElectricW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't cancel an existing card they just prevented it from being renewed as you were turning 60 within days of the expiry of the card?

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

I don't wish to save the "penalty" tax that I am having to pay - I am going to cost the NHS money in admin in return for the money they are stealing from me - I am spending MY money, not the "Taxpayers". They cancelled my payments, so they caused the problem. Oh Yes, it's all very well saying "look at your bank statement" - I have several bank accounts and several credit cards. I check them all regularly for incorrect or suspicious payments - but I don't go studying each one for a payment that has not been taken, or taken late unless it has come to my attention for some reason. And as I was not aware the exemption at 60 years old, I had no reason to scrutinise my regular PPC payment.

So, to summarise:

You signed to say that you had something which you did not,

despite the fact that the very thing you signed explains that it is your responsibility to check and in an act of petulant revenge you're going to somehow 'punish' the NHS for following the terms you had explicitly signed your acceptance of in collecting your medication because your financial arrangements aren't sufficiently well organised?

How wonderfully public spirited of you...

• Haha 1

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

The NHS did not, as you put it, 'engineer' anything. No one sat in an office with the sole intent of creating a gap of a few days in which you had been identified as being likely to collect your medication and thereby commit fraud. Instead, they operated within their publicly available terms and conditions. Your ignorance of these and any defence based on the same is meaningless the moment you signed the prescription to indicate your acceptance and understanding of those very conditions. If this were the consumer contract section of CAG the first question anyone would ask is 'what did you sign and what where the Ts and Cs. A lifetime of work and contributions is admirable, no doubt but it does not mean that your entitlement to prescription medication changes. The system, in its entirety can only work when rules / terms / conditions are fairly and consistently applied to all. Nevertheless, although your goodwill toward the NHS may have ended, you and your family can rest well knowing that NHS' goodwill and commitment to providing care has not.