• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Log Book Loans Again....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An interesting read sent to me from Community Legal Advice...just in case there are a few that have not read this.

Billofsalespg1.png

billofSalepg2.png

billofsalepg3.png

billofsalepg4-1.png

billofsalepg5-1.png

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeet although not personally effected by LBL there's no one on this forum more determined (& that includes you) to obtain justice for their victims than me.

Many of your fellow litigants will confirm that it was I who 1st introduced these matters to your solicitors

Once again I suggest that you at least advise your solicitor of the posting on CAG. I would remind you that the the MIB frequently trawl this site & the last thing the solicitor wants is to have the screen shot produced at some awkward moment without at least being forwarned

Ok I will speak to my solicitor today, however I can not see what problems it would cause as there is no information in there directly linked to myself or the solicitor in question

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

there ya go mate...now you got me doing the paranoid thing all over again ;)

Aw bless JC. You didn't know you had any mates did ya.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ignore me. I'm in a silly mood tonight. Full moon about now I think. Good night and apologies for the hijack of your thread sweetnsexy.;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro, I dont even KNOW who I hijacked this thread from :D but erm it aint mine...i'm a make a quick exit ...Good Nite

oops that's right. I was thinking it was yours lol. Night.:p

Are you sure it's an injunction & not just an agreement between parties which I understand from some other victims may have been revoked by LBL meaning that they could if they are silly enough start repossessing vehicles 14 days from their notification

I don't think it's called an injunction as such but something has been logged at the courts that they are not allowed to touch my vehicle until the hearing. It is in Scotland and was served on LBL by the courts. It's definitley not an agreement between parties

so how are thing going with yours, are LBL dealing with your solicitor or still sending you letters? Also I have asked this question of the solicitor however as he was away and it was the assistant I spoke to....what do you think would be our chances of claiming back any money in excess of the actual loan if the contracts are proven unenforceable....and is there any news on this test case so we can monitor the process??

Sending LBL another request for data on a previous loan that gemini repossessed....due to information I have obtained here gonna see if I can get the solicitor to look into it also.

so how are thing going with yours, are LBL dealing with your solicitor or still sending you letters? Also I have asked this question of the solicitor however as he was away and it was the assistant I spoke to....what do you think would be our chances of claiming back any money in excess of the actual loan if the contracts are proven unenforceable....and is there any news on this test case so we can monitor the process??

Sending LBL another request for data on a previous loan that gemini repossessed....due to information I have obtained here gonna see if I can get the solicitor to look into it also.

My solicitor at Stephensons is on holiday until next week. Not sure what to do if they did come round to my house, having said that, they dont know where I live and I havent registered ANYTHING with anyone! I plan on staying off the grid until the court case is over, and if I lose I would rather burn then car than let them have it and then make myself bankrupt so they cant claim money off me!

Anyone know of timescales for this to go to court or chances of success?

My solicitor at Stephensons is on holiday until next week. Not sure what to do if they did come round to my house, having said that, they dont know where I live and I havent registered ANYTHING with anyone! I plan on staying off the grid until the court case is over, and if I lose I would rather burn then car than let them have it and then make myself bankrupt so they cant claim money off me!

Anyone know of timescales for this to go to court or chances of success?

Firstly, I don't want to lecture anyone but think when you post things (i.e that first sentence) that could be taken advantage of. Secondly, Stephensons would not agree to pro-bono group cases unless they believed the chances of victory were very high indeed, like all firms they are in the business of making money first & foremost. Thirdly, this case will last as long as possible - LBL know they're on a hiding to nothing & as such employ solicitors prepared more to work toward delaying the inevitable than towards a mutually beneficial solution or fair judgement

Firstly, I don't want to lecture anyone but think when you post things (i.e that first sentence) that could be taken advantage of. Secondly, Stephensons would not agree to pro-bono group cases unless they believed the chances of victory were very high indeed, like all firms they are in the business of making money first & foremost. Thirdly, this case will last as long as possible - LBL know they're on a hiding to nothing & as such employ solicitors prepared more to work toward delaying the inevitable than towards a mutually beneficial solution or fair judgement

Thanks for your comments. Just a couple of things though. The fact that he is on holiday is irrelevant really, and very easy info to find out. LBL are in touch with Stephensons regarding this case and they speak regularly, so when they call and ask for whoever and they are told such and such is on holiday they will know for themselves.

As for pro-bono, my case isnt pro-bono.

Cheers

Thanks for your comments. Just a couple of things though. The fact that he is on holiday is irrelevant really, and very easy info to find out. LBL are in touch with Stephensons regarding this case and they speak regularly, so when they call and ask for whoever and they are told such and such is on holiday they will know for themselves.

As for pro-bono, my case isnt pro-bono.

Cheers

I agree as I was told the same as well and an email to my solicitor also sent back an out of office reply with the same message....And would not have read anything from your given reply only I didn't answer yesterday to it as erm I have no news either chuck. And neither is mine pro bono.....

People please take care about what you post ;)

Just a question:) why is everything so cloak and dagger, the information I have seen and shared isn't anything the solicitor has not already had handed to LBL on a platter...if it were personal details, account details or something not yet know to the second party then fair enough...

If I had said my doctor was on holiday would it cause as much of a stir? Nothing has been given away that aught be kept secret, and even reading what I posted in the letter from my solicitor realistically he hasn't said anything different to what was given to me in the other document I have posted on here other than to elaborate on the finer details. even if someone read the site no secret argument in defence has been given away.... I have enough paranoia in my life wondering if LBL are staking out my home, or following me to see where my car actually is hidden without the added extras :-D I got enough to share if ANYONE wants some REAL paranoia since this crap started....Don't all push at once and form an orderly line8) ....and why is this man in the glasses watching me:???:

Jon do not take it personal, it was a question which was not directed totally at you but also at some other things I have read on the various LBL threads by other posters.

I did not say that I didn't understand where you were coming from, as you can see I did remove the letters....but I was highlighting that the letter was the same as the document obtained via CLA which was one of the reasons for removing my letters as the same information could have been obtained via that. My intention is not to offend.

However, the secret solicitor whose name no one wants to mention....yet his name is all over the place both on CAG and on another site which is how I knew to contact him for help. And other little factors.

Evidence that would link directly to someone I can understand... But all the other stuff seems a bit OTT.

I think you have tried to voice your opinion and have been over zealous in your remarks and offer too much detail. The fact is, you have not had your vehicle taken yet, and are broadcasting as much information about yourself all over other threads as well as other topics that do not include LBL. Fact is it would be easy to find you when they decide they want to.

And as for hidden car, well I can tell you from personal experience that they can find cars belive me, and when it happens it is an awful awful experience as some other people also have found out on these forums. I sincereley hope this doesn't happen to you, but remember the old war saying "loose lips sink ships", I think that could well apply here.

I think you have tried to voice your opinion and have been over zealous in your remarks and offer too much detail. What is the extent if too much detail...I have not stated anything that has not already been said or anything that LBL have not been told.The fact is, you have not had your vehicle taken yet, is that a question....if you have read up on me since you say I am talking about here and on all other threads....then you will already know that gemini took a previous car which my father paid however as I had just thought it was MY fault without having all this new information, hence why I am requesting they provide me with previous details so I can have the solicitor look into that also....and are broadcasting as much information about yourself all over other threads as well as other topics that do not include LBL. Fact is it would be easy to find you when they decide they want to. As I have already experianced which is the reason for my paranoia about being followed

And as for hidden car, well I can tell you from personal experience that they can find cars belive me, and when it happens it is an awful awful experience as some other people also have found out on these forums. I sincereley hope this doesn't happen to you, but remember the old war saying "loose lips sink ships", I think that could well apply here.

And again clarify WHAT information have I given out that is supposed to be a SECRET??