• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Quick Response from Halifax ***WON***

scouser9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just have to add a Avatar thatbfits the forums measurements into to CP user profile and then it will appear like magic along side your post's. You might have to try a couple of times before the right one fits. But you are better just putting into your search engine 80x80 free avatars and then pick and save. Job done

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

50% Of claim offered by The Halifax 09/12/2006

LBA letter sent 11/12/2006

Refusal in part of Payment sent 12/12/2006

Halifax settled with £4200 agreed amount 27/12/2006

Survey Submitted and Donation Made 02/01/2007

PPI Claim Sent To Halifax 25/11/2008

PPI Claim Halifax Won 31/12/2008

PPI Claim Sent To Carcraft 22/12/2008

• 2 weeks later...

Well people I think the time as come for me to inform you of the position of my claim so far with the Halifax.

I applied for my statements on the 13/11/2006 and sat back for the 40 day waiting time, only this morning I had a very red faced postman on my door carrying 18 parcels from the Halifax all containing statements going back far and beyond what I expected.

They have even numbered the parcel's respectfully ie: as I opened Parcel 1 the statements continued in Parcel 2 matching date for date.

( Really nice of them that).Made it a bit easier for me, but as it has only been 14 days since I requested these is there any reason to be worried.?

I will be calculating all the figures tomorrow as I work nights.

I have noticed a lot of charges as notified on them and I have highlighted a couple of pages to make a start, are these the charges that I add to the spread sheet?.

Once I have added them all up I will be following with my 2nd letter asking for it back ( money that is). Am I right to think that I do not send the spreadsheet with this 2nd letter, do I just ask for the total amount that is due from the spreadsheet, and await their response before adding interest and sending it in.

Help please as I trying to meet this deadline before Christmas,so I have a couple of questions that need to be answered for me.

1. The spreadsheet includes 0.8% interest. is this to be added.

2. Do I add all the Charges as Notified

4. Do I send the spreadsheet with my second letter.

3. Do I give them 14 Days from the time they recieve my letter or when I post it.

Thanks In Advance

Mikey

Data Applied for on 13/11/2206

Data Recieved on 27/11/2006

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

If you find that I have helped in anyway please click on the scales to left of the screen- Thank you

Advice & opinions of Scouser9 are offered informally, without any assumption of liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Can somebody please answer these questions for me as I wish to send my 2nd letter on Thursday.

I am sorry to be a pain, I just people to say that I have it in the right order before posting.

Thanks In Advance

Mikey;)

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi mate, firstly good luck to you, least you got your statements pretty pronto, now to answer your questions.

1. The section with the 8% interest cannot be used until you are at the court stage so leave that for the time being, you just use the other page that calculates the overall cost of the charges. ( thats if we have the same spreadsheet )

2. Yes add the the charges as notified and input them on spreadsheet as such.

3. Send the spreadsheet ( excluding interst section ) with your preliminary letter and then again with LBA.

4. You have to give them time to recieve the letter, though I did all my communicating by taking letters into my branch for them to fax to relevant departments which I believe saved me a few days. Try to get a reciept from bank when you do this as they mey "lose" them.

Hope this helps. I believe I am right about the first question although I am not 100% sure.

TezViper

• Haha 1

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Thanks to you both Sledge & Tezviper,

The help came just in time, I was about to pass it to my daughter to post (Recorded Of Course)

I reopened my letter and redone my spreadsheet and altered the letter, phew nearly got it wrong then.

I will sit back and wait now and when the postman delivers tomorrow I will wait for 14 days before I hit them with the full spreadsheet and the L.B.A.

am I right guys.

You know guys when I started this I thought it would be for afew hundred pounds or so, but when I placed the spreadsheet with request for payment letter back into its scabbard, i noticed the figures at £4451 I could not hold back a wry grin. And I know they both cannot wait to jump out at the bank at start cutting and slicing the way they have done to my account.

Once again guys thanks

Keep on claiming the right

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Nice one mate, once again remember you cant ask for the interest until you issue your court claim.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Quite agree. Forget about interest - its a court thing, and you're 28 days away from that.

Cross that bridge when you come to it. We'll still be here to help.

(Well if I've won I might be dancing around in the sun somewhere, but I'll be thinking of you!!)

So far so good though. You're well on track!

All the best

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Well guys thanks again for your timely response's.:cool:

I have about 34 friends and family waiting for the outcome of my case, christ I feel like crushing a grape.:eek:

My boss has agreed to pay me cash from now on until we see what happens, and believe me he is watching carefully as well.:rolleyes:

Well seriously guys I need to calm down and I have never dealt with courts and all that side of the world, but inside I know what I and everybody on this forum are doing is right ( bloody right).:D

Tell you another thing when I had typed my letter and claim put it in the envelope and stuck one of the consumer action group labels on it, it looked really impressive.;-)

Still no sign of any response from my other claim with Abbey be ehoh they will get the relevant paperwork when needed.

The trouble with all this excitement and hassle and bizzyiness, what the hell am going to do when it is all over.Playing golf will never be the same hahahahaha.

Thanks Guys

Hope your claims are going well

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

hi Mikey

I'm taking on both the Halifax and Abbey too! looks by all accounts that Abbey are a really tough nut to crack, well not tough but it takes time and they waste time i think trying to put people off, halifax appear a bit easier (judging by what I have read on the forums).

My claims to both of them went in the post on Saturday & was rec on Monday (27th) so will let you know if I hear anything and keep an eye on your thread.

good luck!

my it's exciting eh? :D

Apple x

1. The section with the 8% interest cannot be used until you are at the court stage so leave that for the time being, you just use the other page that calculates the overall cost of the charges. ( thats if we have the same spreadsheet )

TezViper

Guys

Just came across this thread. Why are you all not asking for compounded contractual interest?. If they charged you at their rate then claim it back.

If your credit card charge had 23% APR added, then claim that back before the court stage. If you get to the court stage,which Halifax have'nt done yet to my knowledge, will settle your claim. I got back my interest at 19.5% on top of each charge. Makes a big differance if your charges go back a few years.If it does go to the court stage, then you ask the judge to award your claim at the contractual rate. If he or she refuses, then ask for the 8%.

Hope this helps

Uk...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

hiya uk,

I've tried to claim the current interest rate on my credit card claim, but I got so confused with Abbey and know that it will get to court with them, that I didn't claim interest & will settle for the 8%

It is just so confusing. If there was a sheet like the simple Excel one for working out the 8% court interest, I'd be using it, but I can't use google docs for some reason (maybe because I'm using a mac??) and it just fried my brain trying to do it!

Apple x

Hi Applecrumble

I used an online calculator on each charge and claimed it all back.

I am at work so have'nt got a link for it just yet.

Uk..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Guys and thanks for putting in your views and I know where you are coming from. But spreadsheets scare the s*&& out of me.

I have used the basic 8% one for all my calculations and to be honest if I get back what the sheets are saying then I will be happy with that.

I have read alot of threads on here and sometimes it is better to get in quick then run and fight another day.;)

Thanks for your input

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

No worries Apple,

Its just that I have not been able to work out the interest as you state, But i will probably do it right on the claims when I go after 5 credit cards, I just wanted to have a go with the halifax, because by all accounts them seem and I repeat seem to be easier of the two with abbey being the hardest one to crack.

Also if I win with the halfax then it will give me some fallback money for when that battle starts, if you get my drift.

And the fact i work nights (no i am not a burglar) and that xmas is coming pretty rapid. With 2 daughters whom I adore this is for them more than me.

Ukaviator perhaps if you have time can you jot a easy explanation very easy of how to do what you suggest and perhaps then I can practice before the abbey case starts

Thanks

Mikey

S.A.R. Handed In to Halifax 13/11/06:wink:

S.A.R. Handed In To Abbey 17/11/06:wink:

Request for Payment Sent to Halifax 29/11/06;)

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

Hi Scouser

There are some spreadsheets here to assist you.

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER OF "CONSUMER ACTI...

You have to register to use them,it only takes a couple of minutes.

If you have a credit card with an interest rate of say 23%.. you claim back that amount on each charge.This will be compounded every month. The spreadsheets will work out how much you are owed when you put in the APR, by using the amount charged,then the date of the charge,this gives you days passed and gives you your interest figures.

The bank have charged you this figure of interest so claim it back.

Can make a big difference to your claim.

Good luck

Uk. .

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Thanks for that info Ukaviator, I have cut and pasted your helpful remarks in to my case folder of which I always run from.

I feel on edge all the time whilst doing these things,Now that my claim figures have gone into halifax,even more so.

I have had 5 credit cards which now have been destroyed by me. all these charges between the 2 banks a car on HP and the cards i really felt like topping myself, but after finding this site and wading through hours and hours of informatiom and case reports, then perhaps there is hope for me at the end.

Sorry to bend you ears mate

Thanks for the info

mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

There is hope Mikey. This site will help many others in the future. I ran up huge debt learning to Fly, as i was too old for sponsorship at the time. Shame the ageism law was'nt around 20 years ago. It was a chance i took and eventually it paid off. Contact me anytime. I'm about most days but not always in the country. I love wireless laptops.

Good luck

Uk. .

WARNING TO ALL

hang on there Mikey

I have been through really tough times too, when I had not a bean to my name trying to bring up a kid on £60 a week and then the bank grabbing £65 in fees ... we will get back what is rightfully ours don't worry!

I felt so sick and nervous first few letters I sent off just asking for info, but it does get better and you start to feel more empowered and in control and that is a GREAT feeling after years of feeling pooped upon.

I find reading all the threads on here really inspiring so keep in here :) :)

• Haha 1

Apple x

Thanks guys feeling better after your posts.

Just check with the post office tracer thing and yes they have signed for the payment request so all i need to do is hang fire and wait to se what they do eh?.

Any one see the news this morning with one of our members and the great man himself moneysavingexpert on the TV and we where mentioned with the rally and all things good, was mentioned. Fantastic.

Keep on claiming the right lads

Mkey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey

hiya

Well it's on the way now then!! exciting eh!

I sent my request to Halifax last weekend and I got a letter today ... quaked in my boots opening it! ... but it was just a standard acknowledgement letter , (with complaints leaflet) saying sorry you feel you are unhappy with the charges, blah blah blah, we'll investigate & let you know what we think within 4 weeks.

Well, take as long as you like sunbeams I'm sending my next letter next weekend anyway!!

haven't seen the news boo but have seen some stuff on the web. off to have a peek at the 24 hour news channels now to see if there is anything there! :D:D:D

Apple x

I sent in my prelim-13-11-06.

Heard not a thing, no letters etc so sent in the LBA on 28-11-06.

Phone call today(Yesterday now actually) verbally offering ALL my claimed charges back plus £100 or so extra they said that i`d missed(been over the statements quite a few times and missed nothing-but i`m not complaining) they would not entertain paying interest though even though i tried. So with too much month left at the end of the money, and with christmas etc i`ve accepted their offer-Needs dictate, i`m happy really.

So Scouser9 Look out you might have an offer soon-Good Luck.

Just Did It-:o :) JUST WON IT:) :o

Hiya Guys and good evening,

I do not believe the Halfax I have just checked my online banking and they taken another £78 in two lots of £39 again, I have over £900 in the bank at this moment of uncleared cheques because they take bloody 10 days to clear.:-x

I just do not believe them.

I have just added them to my datasheet as I want them back as well so if they do offer something next week as the normal routine. I will refusing and informing them that they are still at it.

Bloody cheek eh?:-x :-x

Mikey

Keep claiming the right

Mikey