Crown River Cruises Ltd refuses to provide itemized bill for drinks.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, that's what I gathered. But the money has been paid.

I think the question now is – by how far do you feel that what you should have paid may have been exceeded? I'm asking you this because knowing what the disputed value might be would then allow us to know whether it was worth making trouble for it.

What is the name of the company please? I don't think that it is at all acceptable that they should demand money without justifying the sum required.

Which company is it?

Also it would be helpful to answer my question as to the expected and actual value.

Whether or not it is good value, is neither here nor there.

I think that the refusal to justify the bill is unacceptable and frankly not keeping till receipts when they know that they will have to bill the customer is very poor practice, in my view.

What on earth would they have done if your daughter had been sensible and had refused to pay without sight of a proper bill?

The problem now of course is that the whole thing has bred distrust even if they have been acting perfectly honestly. If you now push them to justify the cost, it would be easy enough if they were not honest, to produce a bill which matches what they have asked you for. Because it is in a general ballpark of expected value (but only generally so), and because you would have difficulty producing any evidence, I think that you will have to let it go.

However, these people depend on their reputation for business and there are lots of review sites such as Trust Pilot where you can explain in a fair and balanced way what has happened.

I think you need to have a word with your daughter as well. I don't understand how people can get to 21 years of age and hand over that kind of money simply on somebody else's say-so.

Show her this thread if you want.

• Confused 1