Gymbox contract

meats
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am currently in a 6 month contract with Gymbox. This contract started on 9 November 2015 and is due to end on 9 May 2016.

Upon contacting Gymbox they have said that the contract actually ends on 31 May 2016 as my contract didn't actually start until 1 December 2015. I paid for the period 9 November to 30 November 2015.

On the main page of the contract, and indeed when talking to the salesman, it clearly says that I am opting for a 6 month contract. It says that my contract starts on 9 November 2015.

Gymbox are claiming that they work by calendar month only and therefore I have to pay for all of May instead of the pro-rated amount. It states in the t&cs "in order to terminate my membership, I am aware that I must give Gymbox at least one full calendar month worth of advance written notice and must pay my membership fees up to the end of that notice period".

My contention is that my membership start date is clearly 9 November 2015 and this is stated on the contract - have I been mis sold a contract which is actually more than the 6 months stated?

Upon emailing Gymbox they have confirmed that the minimum I could have ended my contract was 31 May 2016 which is obviously more than the 6 months I had signed up for.

Thanks, Darren

Edited by slick132
Please use paragraph spacing - easier to read !

Hi Meats,

I've added paragraph spacing to your post above. Solid chunks of text aren't easy to read.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi again,

When you see the hundreds of other threads here where folk are being hounded for many months by the likes of Harlands, I think your issue concerning 21 days is pretty minor.

I'm not being dismissive or rude. Nor am I saying you're entirely wrong. However, many gym m/ships work in the same way that Gymbox have described - you pay pro-rata for the first month and the m/ship minimum period starts from the beginning of the next month.

I just think you're better off paying to the end of the month, to avoid what's likely to be many months of arguments, demands and being pestered by whoever the gym uses to harass their members.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

Hi Meats,

Thanks for the update.

I think you've done the right thing. Why get into a lengthy battle over such a minor issue.