Thora takes on Barclays

Thora Trumpet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right guys, I had a good look at this site, the FAQs and the threads where people had taken on their banks and sent my letters and spreadsheets with all the bank charges and interest owing to Barclays yesterday - £2, 700 in total. I got my statements going back 6 years and applied to Barclays for the ones I had missing from my files.

I had a rocky relationship with them in the past, I was bad at managing the account but they hardly helped. My finances crashed three years ago and they cancelled my debit card, direct debits and cheque book and the morning it happened I rang them up and spoke to a very nasty man who seemed to enjoy his work and told me it was all my fault and if I didn't repay the money owed (£200) they would take further action.

Five years ago I took out a consolidation loan which was meant to be an advance on a former loan to pay off my debts, three months down the line I checked my statement and found that they had been taking two loan repayments out of my account at the same time - when I checked they hadn't repayed the first loan as they had promised leaving me with two loans. After a long complaint process they gave me £300 in interest charges and consolidated both loans £6k each into a large loan of £12k - so I had a bigger loan thanks to their mistake!

I had a letter from Barclays three days after posting the letter saying their investigation could take 4 weeks but in the case of complex cases it would take 8 weeks.

I don't think so Poindexter! Saturday is when the 14 days are up so the next letter will be sent out then if no response is heard.