• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fashion World ***Account closed, refund given***

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading standards then, although be aware that most companies have an 8 week complaints procedure to exhaust before other agencies will get involved.

Has your dealings with them been marked 'complaint' or 'formal complaint' at all?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Emails are perfectly acceptable as you have evidence of correspondence then.

Phone calls, shouldn't be used, unless you can record the calls?

I can't find their complaints procedure, probably because they don't have one?

So contact your local Trading standards and seek their advise, I reckon it will be along the lines of, 'give them 8 weeks in which to rectify, if they fail to do so, send them a letter before action (LBA) and give them a further 7 days in which to rectify/refund, if they fail to do so, submit a small claim to get the money back, plus interest, plus costs.''

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OK, well it won't do you any harm in contacting your local trading standards tomorrow about it, and asking their advice.

http://www.tradingstandards.uk/advice/problemswithgoods.cfm

• Confused 1

Well IMO that would speak volumes about the company!

And again IMO you would be justified in demanding a full refund.

If you can't afford RD then you can always obtain 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

But defo send a formal complaint snail mail as CB says.

Thank Bazooka, I easily found the parts list by going on-line!

Sounds like someone didn't want to put their tea and biscuits down!

OK, don't panic.

Not that I would normally condone ringing them, BUT, in this instance call them, ensuring you get the details of who it is you're speaking with, note date and time of the call, and tell them that under no circumstances do you want this replacement cot bed, and that you are going to seek an immediate refund from your bank (if they have used your card details to charge you for the replacement).

You expect an full and immediate refund for the first item, and it will remain at your property until such time they organise collection of the item.

IF they have used your card details to charge you for this other item, then contact your bank immediately and demand a visa debit chargeback, at the same time revoke this outfits right to use your card details in the future.

And start FW complaints process, follow up your phone call with a letter outlining the exact same, and mark it 'formal complaint', obtain 'proof of posting' which is free at the PO counter.

• 1 month later...

Good for you, I'd actually bin the darn thing now, and then give them the address of the tip you threw it into.

Incredible attitude! But hey, in the grand scheme of things as irritating and frustrating as it is, it shouldn't rule your every waking hour.

They're pump, they know they're pump, we all know they know we know they're pump, and for their pump attitude, their pump cot bed is now in the skip.

If they want it back, then they can send one of their pump employees to rummage around in the skip for it.

You've got the refund, they've failed to collect the item, if it were me and because of all the hassle they have caused me, and YD waiting in all day for them to collect it, I'd bin it outside the front door, tell them where it is, and then if they don't collect it by the morning, it will be in the local tip.

That's what they get for being so pump!

Bin it then, get rid.

Hope you've given them some very good 'bad' feedback on social media and their website?

• 1 month later...

OK then, only thing for it, get onto your local trading standards and report it to them, ask for their directions on how to get this resolved.

CLOSE the account!

Get rid, you do not need this hanging round your neck, add it to your account all they like, you know and I know, that they will never get this money.

It's ruddy tedious isn't it!

More than likely it is nothing more than their computers going into meltdown, the human beings behind it all. are no doubt, aware of the circumstances, but someone has failed to tell their computer to STOP!.

Pointless getting stressed over it, you know your in the clear, if they wish to chase a ghost then let them carry on, you have all the proof you need that you owe zilch, zero, nadda!

• 4 weeks later...

Is it all your own money? Or is it an introductory offer of any sort?

If it's yours then as CB says above, get on to them and tell them to return your funds to your bank.

Go get YOUR money back then!

But we all know it isn't going to be as easy as that....:lol:

• 2 weeks later...