Barclaycard - **Penalty Chgs repaid with Compound Int; defaults removed** (probably)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Martin and thanks for the update.

I assume agreement reached but Confidentiality applies so you can't tell us any more.

Well done on reaching an acceptable settlement.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks slick, you are correct that i cannot disclose any of the terms of the TO due to confidentiality written into it.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi Martin,

I understand and have amended the thread title to reflect your (probable) win.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Mum,

I've just replied to you in response to the post on your own thread.

Best discuss your case there.

May I ask how one "tweeks" a TO????

Hi Mum, yes you may ask, you simply communicate that the TO isnt quite what you agree to and ask them to add or remove whatever your unhapoy with, they then either agree and amend or refuse and you carry on with rejecting the offer.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi Martin,

I understand and have amended the thread title to reflect your (probable) win.

Thankyou Slick

• 2 weeks later...

TO returned by court with notes that:

"If the parties wish the schedule to be kept confidential between the parties and not to be kept/placed on the court file, the TO should be amended"

Also refers to chancery division as linked below and in particular para 4

https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/courts/chancery-court/chancery-division-extending-time-limits-sealing-tomlin-orders.doc

Personally i dont mind if its confidential or not.

I checked out the link you mention.

It says: To ensure that the claim is purely a money claim, the solicitors for the parties must include with the request for an order the following wording:

“We certify that the only relief sought in this claim/counterclaim is the payment of money including any interest and costs, and that no ancillary relief has been sought at any stage”.

So does that mean that any negotiations on any TO should include this wording?

does this potentially prevent the confidentiality clause?

No it doesnt mum, it only applies to TO 's which are specifically for money only and that do not include "other" terms, for example, cra data removal, hence the term "ancillary relief"

Strange tho that TO's were originally designed not to be used for only money relief

Yes basically, thats what the chancery division is stating

So - taking this further - even if one signs an initial confidentiality clause within a TO, does this mean that the papers will get returned and the wording changed to include the above quote - which in turn then means confidentiality doesn't count ?

Just checking.

Not sure if it affects me, but good for everyone to know...

Well thats it in black and white but depends on the judge on the day.

Whilst there are rules which appear to be rigidly adhered to, that is not always the case as we have seen many times with other areas in cpr