• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hfo CCJ/CO now sold to LInk

riolto10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you need to show that the Defendant has a prospect of success no matter how remote, at trial of winning the case to defeat a summary judgment application.

you dont need to show that you will win, but that you MAY win,

So id focus as well on the substantive points that may win the day for you at trial, i think that the section 78 point is a triable issue, for example, was the agreement dead or alive, was the default notice compliant? if it wasnt then its a bad notice and therefore the agreement cannot be terminated and thus the s78 request is valid and the reply is not valid as the document is not easily legible for starters and i have enough case law to show this point on its own can succeed at trial.

As well, the judge should not allow the matter to become a mini trial,

just some more pointers

Do we have a skeleton argument? Swain and Hillman is a useful case on summary judgment too and its citied in the blackstones reference

Also

consider the Defence that has been entered, does it need amending? is that the reason why they applied for SJ

If it does need amendment due to errors or weaknesses which have become apparent then this may assist

Amendment

34.21 There are many cases where the defective nature of one side’s statement of case becomes clear

at the hearing of an application for summary judgment. If the defect is one of how the case is

put rather than of substance, the court has a wide power to allow an amendment to correct

the problem, which can be exercised at the hearing (Stewart v Engel [2000] 1 WLR 2268).

To clarify the situation

• HFO Capital made a claim
  • Riolto submitted a defence
  • HFO Capital made an application to strike out the defence
  • Riolto submitted a WS in response to their WS
  • HFO Capital have responded to Rioltos WS with a supplementary WS

So where are we at-

• HFO Capital (Ireland) started court proceedings
  • You defended the claim
  • They have applied to strike out your defence
  • Their evidence includes a NoA, to prove the account was sold to HFO Capital (Ireland)
  • You have contacted the OC, who have informed you in writing it was sold to Roxburghe
  • Your letter is proof that HFO Capital (Ireland) have no legal standing in the matter
  • They claim in their WS the NoA came from Barclaycard under a statement of thruth
  • You have contacted Barclaycard who deny this
  • You have evidence the NoA must have come from them
  • Furthermore the NoA is defective even if the claimant is HFO Capital (Ireland), as the date of assignment is incorrect
  • The NoA states the account was sold to HFO Capital (Ireland) 2 years before the company existed
  • The WS contradicts this, stating the account was sold to HFO Capital (Cayman) a legally separate company
  • Their WS states your account was then transferred under an Intra group agreement to HFO Capital (Ireland) in 2008
  • This would be impossible, because HFO Capital (Cayman) had an agreement with HFO Services to assign, all existing and future debts to HFO Services, therefore HFO Capital could not have transferred your account to HFO Capital (Ireland) as it would have already been transferred to HFO Services

Summary of the situation up to Riolto submitting his WS.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

To clarify the situation

• HFO Capital made a claim
  • Riolto submitted a defence
  • HFO capital made an application to strike out the defence
  • Riolto submitted a WS in response to their WS
  • HFO Capital have responded to Rioltos WS with a supplementary WS

Well i think it takes the pee a little with their late submission of docs and statements etc,

But the judge does have the powers to allow them to be admitted in to evidence, this is the trouble

Having read pt2537 comments I think I just need to prove to the judge its not a mini trial and I have good evidence to think that I may win at trial I have printed off his comments on Stewart v engel and swaine v hillman and I think there is good prospect of sucess

The Roxburghe/HFO Capital issue alone is triable, but there is so much more.

its all good info and proves there is a case for me to win i hope now it goes well tomorrow and thank you all for your help without you I would not have got this far

its all good info and prove there is a case for me to win i hope now it goes well tomorrow and thank you all for your help without you I would not have got this far

Was going to say good luck - but dont think you will need it.

Have read that shower of s*@/e they call a WS - you MUST raise the "iffy" issues with the OFT after tomorrow is out of the way.

Was going to say good luck - but dont think you will need it.

Have read that shower of s*@/e they call a WS - you MUST raise the "iffy" issues with the OFT after tomorrow is out of the way.

with all you help I think I can now go to something I would have never dared to a few years ago when my wife died I am off to bed soon but will check up on this site in the morning hope you all have a good night

HFO sol will probably want to 'persuade' the judge that they want this dealt with here and now - they did this with tonyc, you need to concentrate on a few ' key points' that puts doubt in the judges mind. Make sure that you fully understand these.

It is a mind game, try and connect with the judge, smile and explain you are a LIP and believe strongly that their are problems with HFO's claim and you have grounds to defend this, insist that you need time to do this. Have you got a friend or anyone to go with you for moral support?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

with all you help I think I can now go to something I would have never dared to a few years ago when my wife died I am off to bed soon but will check up on this site in the morning hope you all have a good night

You too - and keep us up dated as soon as you get any news.

WS sent to Riolto – will post it up after the event, as some of the content is very sensitive and will be meaningless if redacted. Caggers will see the outcome and the method.

For some strange reason I’ve stopped getting notifications on this thread... weird!

Best of luck Riolto hope Donkeys WS does the job for you.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A judge would have to be blind, drunk and incoherent* not to see through HFO on this one. But such things do happen, sadly.

(*Did I just describe the UK judiciary?)

:lol:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have rang barclaycard spoke to cliff who say carol williams does not take calls asked him three times who it was sold to and he said rox told him what was said in carols letter he said hfo capital rox the same company until I explained it to him , his reply was I did not know that and he wished me good luck, just going over things before leaving

thanks all for the good wishes

claims form:

Claimant

hfo capital limited

riverside two

sir john rogerson:s quay

dublin 2

ireland

defendant

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx

brief details of claim

monies owed by the defendant to the claimant pursuant to an interest bearing credit agreement whitch is regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and barclaycard (the orginal lender )the debt due thereunder having been assigned to the claimant

value

xxxxxxx

poc

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Have rang barclaycard spoke to cliff who say carol williams does not take calls asked him three times who it was sold to and he said rox told him what was said in carols letter he said hfo capital rox the same company until I explained it to him , his reply was I did not know that and he wished me good luck, just going over things before leaving

Same group, different company, run by same ****........

I will email you a few more bits.

Be prepared to tell the judge that in court!