• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Brighthouse Stores (formerly Crazy Georges)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd let you know how I got on today.

Lefty the letter was signed and stapled to my new agreement.

In fact it was quite odd. The accounts manager who I had a running with on the phone hid in the back whilst the store manager walked back and forth with the paperwork! Mr accounts manager wouldn't show his face for some reason.

They insisted I went in in the morning, but of course I went in at my own conveinience which was this afternoon.

After I signed the new agreement, the store manager said they will have to track my account for 6 weeks and I got the usual patter of 'make sure you pay on time.' I felt like a ten year old kid being reprimanded. They must learn all that on their talent course eh!

Every week I go in the store and pay my money and oh boy they are nice as pie, but you get in arrears with them and they look at you like you've committed murder, their attitude is laughable really.

I felt like they were on their guard with me for some reason, can't explain it really but it was odd.

I have also sent off a letter to head office recorded delivery about having the optional cover removed and will draft a further letter about the 2.70's I want back in my pocket.

I'm sat here thinking- how %%%%%%% laughable because after all that agro they give you on the phone, I was in and out there in 15 minutes and sorted! Well half sorted!

I did notice in the store today that all their sponsor and good deed to the community posters were down off the wall? As well as Trisha! She was gone as well! In fact for a Saturday afternoon, the store was dead, quietest I've seen it in a long time and I've been going there since 2006.

They were signing one poor lady up for a flat screen TV, poor poor woman. I was going to warn her but the sales assistant was stuck to her like glue!

I'll keep you posted on the response I get about the optional cover service and the late charges etc.

Just want to say thanks Lefty and Steve for all your help.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Morrigan.

You're very welcome! ;) Glad it worked out ok for you.

Interesting what you say about the removal of the charity work posters and smiling Trisha display boards...

I notice the Brighthouse website has removed Trisha from the front page, and the only reference to her is now is buried deep within their "news" page...

Interesting...

I wonder... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

I contacted the forum a fortnight ago about requesting reduced payments and after the super responses (and Lefty's sticky) I'm going to bite the bullet too and take them on. First to cancel their optional service insurance, then to reclaim the £2.70's that have been charged and thirdly to request they accept a reduced payment until my circumstances improve. I may have missed a bit but am I stuck with the liability bit unless I can show a suitable contents insurance? i.s can I not just canacel that as well? Thanks again everyone. Graham

Hi Graham, hope it works out for you. I sent my letters off only the other day so I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome etc.

Lefty, yes no posters! Vanished off the walls completely. The store I go to used to have posters about community help etc and even those have gone. As for Trisha's smiling face, disappeared in to thin air!

I did however notice their advert tonight on Dancing On Ice interval! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Doesn't it make it out to be a fun place to visit eh?

Father and son sat happily testing a console game out or whatever it is.

I wonder if they offered optional service cover to the actors eh? Or did they pay their wages in to their yellow money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lefty, yes no posters! Vanished off the walls completely. The store I go to used to have posters about community help etc and even those have gone. As for Trisha's smiling face, disappeared in to thin air!!!!!!!

This new advert appeared on the Brighthouse website today...

trisha_poster.jpg

...Notice anything particularly unusual about it? ;)

Yep.

No picture of Trisha!!!!! Just actors/models

This makes me wonder if she has decided to no longer allow her image to be associated with Brighthouse... ;)

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

Hi All

Just thought I'd let you know that I complained to Channel Five.

This morning I received this reply:

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Trisha Goddard.

We were sorry to read that you are unhappy that BrightHouse sponsor this

programme. This is a legitimate company which conducts its business

according to all applicable UK legislation. They do not operate

illegally and although some people may object to the way in which they

do business, we do not believe that this should preclude them from

sponsoring a television programme.

Nevertheless, we do appreciate your concerns and we would like to thank

you for taking the time to contact us. The details of your comprehensive

complaint concerning BrightHouse and its sponsorship of Trisha Goddard

have been logged in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated

throughout the company and will be seen by all relevant personnel.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not

hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Yours sincerely

David

VIEWER ADVISOR

Reading between the lines there's a few people written in eh?

To be honest it was the kind of reply I was expecting anyway! :rolleyes:

I agree with you Julie although no I can't see them doing that but it would be pretty interesting wouldn't it.

I think they've had loads of letters and mines just another one added to their big pile but Leftys post is interesting, maybe Miss Trisha has pulled out of being associated with them! I thought it odd my local store had ripped down their posters etc. :confused:

Hey Morrigan,

Here's the email I received from five on 16th November last year. Rather similar, don't you think? ;)

Dear Lefty the Brighthouse Slayer,

Thank you for your recent enquiries regarding Trisha Goddard.

We were sorry to read that you are unhappy that BrightHouse sponsor this programme. This is a legitimate company which conducts its business according to all applicable UK legislation. They do not operate illegally and although some people may object to the way in which they do business, we do not believe that this should preclude them from sponsoring a television programme. Many people are unhappy with other financial service organisations for similar reasons to those stated in your e-mail but this does not stop those companies from advertising on national television.

As a commercial television channel we fund our programming and engineering costs through programme sponsorship opportunities and selling advertising time during the breaks in our schedule. However, this does not mean that we will accept advertising or sponsorship from companies that make misleading or false claims.

Nevertheless, we do appreciate your concerns and we would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us. The details of your comprehensive complaint concerning BrightHouse and its sponsorship of Trisha Goddard have been logged in our Viewer Enquiries Report. This is circulated throughout the company and will be seen by all relevant personnel.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

David

VIEWER ADVISOR

Have you read through my thread BRIGHTHOUSE STORES TO SPONSOR TRISHA tv SHOW because the contents of this email were discussed at length - particularly this bit:

"This is a legitimate company which conducts its business

according to all applicable UK legislation. They do not operate illegally and although some people may object to the way in which they do business, we do not believe that this should preclude them from sponsoring a television programme."

What? You mean Five are aware of the many, many complaints received against Brighthouse every year, and the many, many consumer groups that object to their methods? Me thinks so!!!!

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Well folks, myself and another victim are going to spend the afternoon sat outside our local store ( well within reason) and gather some customer comments on Wednesday.

My Mum went in to the store on Saturday and paid my payment as I couldn't make it. She came back and said she didn't want to go in there anymore as for one, the guy who took the payment spoke to her like shi* ( the one I had the gripe with) yes, another 'talented' Brighthouse employee! Secondly, she said there was a young mother with a buggy who was in tears at the counter because she had got in to arrears and was getting all stressed out and worked up because two managers were on her case ( speeling all their usual bull no doubt)

So a few of us are taking a clipboard and are going to get some comments on Wednesday.

I rang the store when my Mum came back and told me what had happened. Did I have a go at the person who served her? Yes.

I wonder how many Brighthouse staff who read this thread can tell me if they actually enjoy working for them? Every time I go in the local Brighthouse hole there's a different face serving. They're bad enough the way they treat customers so imagine ringing in sick? I dread to think! I wonder if they get 30 phone calls a day when they're off sick? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest bit!

Anyway, I've since replied to David at channel 5 so I'll wait on another reply from them.

Morrigan,

Just a word of caution...

If your local Brighthouse store is in a shopping centre you will need permission from the centre to be there. If you're in a public place, the police could disperse you under public order regulations.

Be very careful.

Only collect statistics. DO NOT COLLECT NAMES/ADDRESSES.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

This is another email I got off someone called Ian at Channel 5 this morning.

Dear ................

Thank you for your further e-mail regarding Trisha Goddard.

Brighthouse, as sponsors, chose which programme they wished to sponsor. No doubt they realised that the viewing demographics for this show most closely matched the audience they wished to reach, in much the same way that advertisers choose which programmes to advertise during for optimum exposure.

However, we were sorry to read of the experiences you have had with Brighthouse, and have logged your disappointment with its association with Trisha Goddard.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Ian

VIEWER ADVISOR

• 1 month later...

A few years ago I needed a washing machine and didn't have much money. I bought a second hand Hoover from an ad in the local newspaper. "Rconditioned washing machines for Sale" I paid £80 for it and it lasted 4 years! Not bad at all for what I paid.

If some sales idiot said to me no extended warrenty or payment protection insurance no credit deal, I'd tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine and walk out.

They need you more than you need them.

• 4 months later...

Have read a lot of this thread and I feel so sorry for all the people that were forced to go through the front door of Brighthouse, forced to choose a product and then forced to buy it.

Sorry, misunderstood - you chose to do that? Despite the fact that the interest rates are clearly advertised and the total repayable is also clearly stated? Hmmm

You could try looking at it the other way round, you purchase a product from Brighthouse that they have had to purchase from the manufacturer, you default on the payment and Brighthouse loses money - it is a business supporting it's staff!! The majority of customers pay correctly.

Nothing is hidden so enter into an agreement with open eyes - just don't whinge when YOU default on that agreement and you're not treated like a long lost child as result of it. I do realise there are circumstances that can cause unforeseen financial hardship (I'm there now) but they are my problem not my bank's or credit company.

Grow up and stop complaining

Hi there

Dont even think about asking brighthouse for reduced payments cos they will just not do it. You will be charged late fees for every week u miss for each agreement u have with them and they will harras you by phone (my experience was they would u ring u at all hours of day and night at at least 10 x a day) and calling at your house demanding payment.

I have been there and its not very nice, so im just warning you.

Charlie xx

Mikethelock - another BH employee sticking up for them?

(Should this actually be true - that you are an employee - site rules say that you must bring that fact to the attention of admin who will decide whether you are allowed to post or not)

No I don't work for Brighthouse but another retail company, it just annoys me when people enter into an agreement, default on it, then complain about the way they're treated.

Let's say YOU sold something to someone, they couldn't afford it all in one go so you said ok pay me over the next 12 months and suddenly they stopped paying - that would be fine would it? You wouldn't ring them and ask for your money? Hmmmm.

Why should retail companies be any different? Adding balance to some of the vitriol on this thread!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mike I get where you are coming from in a respect. However, does it give these idiots the rights to harass the customers children? Does the company you work for do that because the plastic gangsters belonging to Brighthouse turned up on my street today doing exactly that reducing a 13 year old boy to tears and waited for his mum in their A Team van to come back from the shop. Rackmanism if you ask me mate!

I should point out that we do not encourage people to avoid their debts. But we also take a firm stand against companies who barely obey the law if at all, frequently harass children, elderly relatives and even innocent neighbours in pursuit of debts, some of which are not legitimate.

If BH obey the law - no problem. If they don't, they can expect as much vitriol as they deserve.

I agree with everything you say Steven.

When I experienced difficulty with them, I never ignored the debt but when it comes to taking it out on a 13 year old kid, I strongly dissaprove. No one knows his mothers circumstances but the child is innocent, it's not his debt or his problem for that matter. He was petrified.

They thrust a Caversham Finance slip in to his hand and said give that to your Mum. They asked him if she had gone to the shop on foot or in a car. They asked him where she had gone and when he said the shop they laughed as though they didn't believe him. They asked if he had an Xbox 360 in his bedroom and that they were here to take it away. They then asked when she would be back and he said soon so they said right we'll wait here for her. She's a single parent so the kid had gotten in to a right state. It's unforgivable in my opinion. They should not be questioning innocent children, it's child abuse in eyes.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks