style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work in a care home, normally work 4 nights a week, but since January, I have been doing 5 nights a week every other(not by choice,staff shortages).

But I would like to know what is classed as a FULL UNINTERRUPTED 24 HOUR DAY Of REST.

Just lately , since January, I seem to be in 1 work night, off next day, in,off,in,off etc.

My hours are 9pm-7am. I cannot do anything really on these days off, after all, I do have to sleep. So really, if I wanted a proper family day out, say go somewhere at 8 in the morning and stay out till late at night, how???

Am I being fussy, but I do begrudge having only these half days as I class them, because all I seem to do is catch up on housework and the shopping.

Edited by sarah369

The law says that you must have 11 hours break between shifts and at least an uninterrupted break of 24 hours once a week or 48 hours in a fortnight

In working 9pm to 7am the first condition would be fulfilled as there is a 14 hour period between one shift ending and another starting. On the second point, if you are working five days a a week, then you are also receiving the required 24 hours off in a week.

It isn't that you are being fussy, but you seem trapped by the strains and constraints that comes with working night shifts. Naturally you need to sleep when finishing work, and assuming that you get your 8 hours or so this would then leave little time to actually DO anything with the rest of the day. It will also mean that when you have a whole 'day' off, you will be recharging batteries or, as you say, catching up with housework etc.

Unfortunately I can't see how to make this any easier other than to perhaps discuss a shift pattern with your employer which works better - for example a week of nights followed by a week of days?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!