Niteflite vs RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Simply put, yes you should (stick to your guns). From my experience (read my two RBS claims in my sig), they are just testing you to see how far you are going to take it. Send a response telling them that you accept it as part settlement and will be claiming for the rest and let them know how much of your deadline they have left to comply before you take it to the next stage.

Make them know you mean business ;)

If you want any pointers, read through my RBoS1 post (from my sig), I've posted each stage in detail. Good luck and keep asking questions if you're stuck.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Response posted :

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Mr McLean,

Thank you for your letter, dated 17th November 2006. I am glad you share my desire to resolve this matter and appreciate greatly your assistance thus far.

However, I must respectfully decline your offer of settlement and politely request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling. I have attached another copy of the schedule of charges I am claiming, previously sent with my initial letter (dated) and my letter before action (dated), for your information.

I will accept the sum of offered in your letter only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until 28/11/2006 to respond before Court action commences. You are politely reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position and I would like to thank you once again for the time taken to assist in the ongoing prompt resolution of this matter.

Yours sincerely,

I am a bit worried, on the eve of my deadline, by this paragraph I sent to Mr McLean :

"My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until 28/11/2006 to respond before Court action commences. You are politely reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale."

Perhaps I should have allowed for more time between rejecting the offer and saying I was going to file my MCOL?

Anyone got any opinions?

Still no word from the bank alas :(

I noticed today too that they'd finally cashed the £10 cheque for my DPA request.

I'm going to give them until tomorrow, then file the MCOL.

As I've been corresponding only with Tommy McLean in Edinburgh, but I live in the UK, could anyone please tell me which address I use for the bank when filing my MCOL?

Thank you for any help....

Received a letter this morning from someone PP Tommy McLean offering me a full and final settlement of the full amount I was claiming.

I'm really, really, really happy and really, really glad I gave Tommy and his team a couple of extra days before I filed the MCOL.

So, in short, I WON!!!!!! :D

• 2 years later...