judgement by default or admission

tillyh345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading these threads for quite some time and have now decided to start reclaiming bank charges have got my statements but unsure what I can claim back and what I cant? Can I claim O/D Usage Fee? Thanks Everyone and I think this is such a helpful site...

I have been reading these threads for quite some time and have now decided to start reclaiming bank charges have got my statements but unsure what I can claim back and what I cant? Can I claim O/D Usage Fee? Thanks Everyone and I think this is such a helpful site...

Hi please read the faqs they will guide you through the whole proceedure. You can claim unpaid DD/CHQ/SO missed payment and over limit fees. good luck:D

• Confused 2

Guest ian cognito

Welcome Tillyh, funny you should ask this question as threads have just been added of charges relating to each bank. Which bank are yoou claiming from and I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Im with LLOYDS TSB. To be honest thought I could do this on my own, but already made mistake I have sent off letter asking for charges back and now have found out that amount was wrong!! so starting all over again THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE ME GIVE UP ALREADY!!

Guest ian cognito
Im with LLOYDS TSB. To be honest thought I could do this on my own, but already made mistake I have sent off letter asking for charges back and now have found out that amount was wrong!! so starting all over again THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE ME GIVE UP ALREADY!!

Hi you will be fine the best advice i can give is to read the faqs and read them again they will help you all the way.:D

Oh my God there is so much to readI shall be here all day (and all night)!! Thank you for your links and advice etc..I found a link with Overdraft Usage Fee mentioned but no reply whether we can claim this bank or not!Somebody Please help with this question, as I can then total up the chargescorrectly this time, as I said please be gentle not really good with computer, and keep going round and around this website and losing myself AAARRRGGHH

Guest ian cognito

yes there is a lot to take in at first tillyh but thats because there are sooooooooo many friendly people on here willing to help by sharing their experiences with you.

Sorry took a while but it looks like those are service fees and so can not be claimed back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Have today submitted my claim, I thought I had read somewhere you need to send the spreadsheet with charges and interest Is this correct and if so where do I send it? Probably silly question but couldnt find the original thread!

WISH ME LUCK AM FEELING VERY JITTERY NOW!!

Can anyone tell me if I need to send off spreadsheet with charges and Interest now and if so to where!! And what is the next stage Its getting very scary now I would never have been able to go this far without the help of everyone on this site....

Send 2 copies, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

When you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement send a copy to the bank’s solicitors.

Hi Tilly.

Please start your own thread in the Lloyds TSB forum and post all questions and progress reports there.

Click this link for LLOYDS TSB FORUM.

After all, you're not a newbie now, are you.:D

Good luck with your claim.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Use this cover if you like -

(YOUR ADDRESS)

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have today requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I take it Lloyds have'nt responded to your claim within the time allowed, is that the case? If so, its judgement by default you need to apply for. They have'nt admitted anything unfortunately!!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Oh, ok. If you look on your notice of issue, it gives you a date that your claim was 'deemed served'. They get 14 days from that date to respond, then a further 14 days from the deemed served date when they acknowledge the claim. If they don't acknowledge within 14 days, or do, but then don't defend within a further 14, its then that you can apply for a judgement.

While you are waiting, remember to gain as much knowledge of the process as possible, by reading the FAQ section, and particularly some of the 'WON' threads in the 'Lloyds successes' forum.