Help with claim. Interest? Costs?

Sarah3891
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'm trying to complete my MCOL claim for charges from Lloyds TSB.

I have completed the claim as far as it directs on the thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

But I have a few problems:

a) I did not ask my bank to repay the interest charges in my original LBA etc so should I leave it out here to?

b) If I SHOULD be claiming the contractual interest, despite reading through the spreadsheets etc, I can't work out dates from/to the interest should be charged

(I am claiming on an account that was closed 3/4 years ago)

c) Where do I enter the £10 charge I paid to Lloyds for release of my data (statements etc?)

d) At what point do I outline the contact I have had with the bank re. this case?

e) Do I need to send copies of my statement of charges etc and copies of correspondence to the courts, and if so, when?

Can anyone help me? I am getting really frustrated and going round in circles!

:-)

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

Hi there,

I'm trying to complete my MCOL claim for charges from Lloyd's TSB.

I have completed the claim as far as it directs on the thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

But I have a few problems:

a) I did not ask my bank to repay the interest charges in my original LBA etc so should I leave it out here to?

If you wish to claim the interest you have paid then you should at least reissue the LBA and put off submitting the MCOL.

b) If I SHOULD be claiming the contractual interest, despite reading through the spreadsheets etc, I can't work out dates from/to the interest should be charged

(I am claiming on an account that was closed 3/4 years ago) You don't have to but it will significantly later your claim value. The dates 'from' is the date they applied the charge, the date 'to' is the date you submit your claim and the interest will accrue on a daily basis at a rate something like '0.0x %'

c) Where do I enter the £10 charge I paid to Lloyd's for release of my data (statements etc?) I don't think you do you include a claim for cost and this is dealt with then i think.

d) At what point do I outline the contact I have had with the bank re. this case? When you submit the MCOL you send a schedule of your charges under separate cover to both the defendant and the courts. You submit everything else when you submit your court bundle or whenever the court instructs you to.

e) Do I need to send copies of my statement of charges etc and copies of correspondence to the courts, and if so, when? See d) above.

Can anyone help me? I am getting really frustrated and going round in circles!

:-) You can stop now, until you get to the next hurdle at least.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA