old H Bar on neighbours dropped kerb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just moved into a property and my neighbour has an H Bar which not only goes in front of her hard stand, but also across the front of my property access steps. I do not have a hard stand and need to park on the street. It is a cul-de-sac with limited space for parking, but luckily, most properties have hard stands. I've now found out that the neighbour cannot drive, it was her husband who drove, but he has unfortunately died sometime ago. Her daughter uses the hard stand but does not live at the property. My question is simple: Is this legally allowed? Morally I think it's wrong.

I'm no expert (hopefully they'll look in) but my understanding is that the white H-bar lines are advisory : they remind people not to commit the offence (which is obstructing a driveway where there is a dropped kerb).

So, does the bar extend beyond the dropped kerb?

If you park partly on the bar would you be obstructing their access (presumably so if there is a dropped kerb, not if there isn't)?

Lastly : are you looking at the legal / "will I get a ticket" position? Do you need to consider the "will this cause a major rift with my neighbours" aspects?

If the neighbour does not drive, have a nice chat with them to see if its a problem to them.,

You may even be able to park in front of her drive if she does not drive herself.

AFAIK You wont get a ticket unless the property owner reports you.

If the neighbour does not drive, have a nice chat with them to see if its a problem to them.,

You may even be able to park in front of her drive if she does not drive herself.

AFAIK You wont get a ticket unless the property owner reports you.

If there is no car to block IN there will be no ticketing

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I've just moved into a property and my neighbour has an H Bar which not only goes in front of her hard stand, but also across the front of my property access steps. I do not have a hard stand and need to park on the street. It is a cul-de-sac with limited space for parking, but luckily, most properties have hard stands. I've now found out that the neighbour cannot drive, it was her husband who drove, but he has unfortunately died sometime ago. Her daughter uses the hard stand but does not live at the property. My question is simple: Is this legally allowed? Morally I think it's wrong.

These marking are guidance not to obstruct an dropped curb access if it covers part of your access on a public road then you are at liberty to park as long as you do not block the neighbours access.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: