• Tweets

• you mean you did aos on mcol yes? pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.   dx  
    • The Letter of Claim information is not absolutely essential, but it would be useful for two reasons. Firstly, judges take a dim view of companies or individuals who rush to court without giving the other party notice and a chance to settle - the Letter of Claim.  If they didn't send it we could include this point in your defence and it would be detrimental to them. Secondly, we know Countrywide.  They are a very small cowboy company.  The are reluctant to do court, simply becasue they are very bad  at it.  Their record of beating Caggers in front of a judge is exactly 0%.  They have lost every time.  They send the Letter of Claim also to look for people who don't reply, thinking that the person might not reply to a claim form either, giving them an easy default win.  Conclusion - always best to reply to a Letter of Claim and ridicule the PPC's case.
    • Any update here? I ask as we have someone in a similar situation.
    • It's possible.   I suffer from ADHD and also anxiety and depression currently and struggle with paperwork.  I'll have a search around to see if i can find anything.  If they did send something I haven't replied.   I thought there's no way that they will pursue this because I know for a fact i didn't park in a private space and the evidence they have sent is so ridiculous.   What impact does this other paperwork have? Thanks!   I already sent the acknowledgement as i panicked and thought today was the last day to respond.   Then i remembered this wonderful forum.  I'll follow the steps in the sticky next.
    • The particulars of claim doesn’t mention statement of accounts.  Should I include that in the cpr letter?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wonga repayment plan issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Unfortunately I borrowed from these guys and then had a sudden reduction in income due to ill health, so knew I'd be unable to repay.

Loan was due on 12/05/2014 and I was unable to pay any amount until 27 of May so I tried to set up a repayment plan through the wonga website. This resulted in an error message every time I tried and I tried with different browsers and computers.

I emailed wonga on the 7th of May explaining my problems with their website (and my financial difficulties) and received what must be a template email telling me to call them (I replied saying I'd rather deal with them via email due to cost and pressure). I sent a few other emails to various wonga email addresses but received pretty much this reply to all of them.

One of the emails I sent had an attached screenshot showing the website error and I finally received a reply on my payment due date, acknowledging I had a problem and asking me to reply with income and expenditure details. I provided these along with what I could pay and when. I received no response to my reply to this first email asking for I&E.

I’ve sent many follow up emails since then usually receiving a generic response but I did receive an identical email asking for income and expenditure which was infuriating (This directly after receiving an email saying I could only sort I&E out by ringing them).

Today I received an email from their debt management email saying ‘thanks for sending us your income and expenditure (I sent the info again), we feel we should discuss this on the phone’, to which I replied that I’d provided all the relevant info in the email. I then received another email shortly after which I have pasted below.

‘Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about your current financial position.

We can see you’re experiencing serious financial difficulties so we’ve placed your account on hold for 38 days and stopped all collection activities. This means we’ve frozen interest and charges, stopped trying to collect payment and we won’t send you any collections communications.

In light of your current circumstances, we suggest you contact these organisations if you feel you’ll benefit from free, independent money advice:

(Citizens advice etc)

Once you’ve received independent advice from one of these organisations, please call us on 0800 107 8140 to discuss your options. If you don’t contact us within 38 days, collections activity will restart on your account.’

What’s my next step from here? I imagine contact CA will just result in them telling me to set up a repayment plan with wonga, which is what I’ve been trying to do. Should I just bite the bullet and phone wonga? I don’t want to be pressured into paying what I cannot afford.

One final point is that they’ve been adding interest and charges since the 12th, even though I asked them to freeze these. All these generic and repeated emails seem to be delaying tactics for adding more interest.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

You dont have to contact anyone. This is a normal tactic for them. They refuse to set up a repayment plan, despite you providing your I&E. Time to get complaints rolling. Especially since they have refused the plan, and added on a threat that collection activity will continue.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for replying so quickly. Who should I direct my complaint to, OFT? Seems an idiotic tactic for wonga if it just results in setting up a repayment plan later on down the line.

In the first instance you need to complain to wonga directly. Then depending on what they say ( they do cave in under enough pressure), you can complaint to the regulators. Wonga seem to be doing this a lot lately, despite their promises theyd buck up their customer service.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I've emailed wonga with a complaint but don't know how much good it will do. I've sent so many emails at this point I don't even think they're reading them.

Just another quick question; should I pay them the amount I said I could pay this month on the 27th, even though a repayment plan hasn't been set up?

Pay them as per your repayment offer. Pay it regularly and dont miss a payment. Theyd be hard pressed to do anything then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, but I do have an update.

They finally agreed to the repayment plan (14th June, via email) I had originally suggested, perhaps because of my formal complaint or threats to take the matter up with OFT. I told them I agreed with the repayment plan and would send payment via bank transfer, as I had done whilst sticking to my own repayment plan.

Sent the payment on the 24th June via bank transfer and received an email saying they had tried to debit the amount and failed (via card). I replied telling them I'd sent the payment via bank transfer and gave them a reference. They have not acknowledged the payment or my emails and have since threatened to, and now removed me from, the repayment plan (this despite the fact they said in emails they'd cancel the repayment plan on the 27th June!). I also went on the website today and have noticed they've added charges/fees again.

I can't believe I'm going to have to go through a whole load of crap again because they refuse to read emails. I'm definitely not paying them twice and perhaps I should have just paid via debit card, but frankly it shouldn't matter.

Don't really know what to do now but I have a complaint written up for CAB to get some advice, hopefully they'll tell me how to proceed with OFT. Alternatively wonga will read the emails I sent, acknowledge receipt of the money and removed charges/reinstate the repayment plan.

You'd think they'd be a bit more helpful since the news about their fraud has come out, but it appears not.

Just send the payments until you repay what you owe. Stop worrying about wonga. Get a full complaint into them in writing and let them deal with it. The main thing is you are making regular payments so they cant really do anything.

I'm having the same problem with them, they are flattly refusing to set up a repayment plan unless I ring. Also, their I&E form is not even showing up on the my account section, so I can't even try to set one up online. I have sent them my own but they are now just ignoring me.

You dont need their permission to set up a plan. You TELL them what they are getting and show them a budget summary as proof. Also with the CPA, cancel it through your bank and tell wonga the same. If they take it out, then get a full chargeback as per Payment regulations.

Sorry for the late reply, but I do have an update.

They finally agreed to the repayment plan (14th June, via email) I had originally suggested, perhaps because of my formal complaint or threats to take the matter up with OFT. I told them I agreed with the repayment plan and would send payment via bank transfer, as I had done whilst sticking to my own repayment plan.

Sent the payment on the 24th June via bank transfer and received an email saying they had tried to debit the amount and failed (via card). I replied telling them I'd sent the payment via bank transfer and gave them a reference. They have not acknowledged the payment or my emails and have since threatened to, and now removed me from, the repayment plan (this despite the fact they said in emails they'd cancel the repayment plan on the 27th June!). I also went on the website today and have noticed they've added charges/fees again.

I can't believe I'm going to have to go through a whole load of crap again because they refuse to read emails. I'm definitely not paying them twice and perhaps I should have just paid via debit card, but frankly it shouldn't matter.

Don't really know what to do now but I have a complaint written up for CAB to get some advice, hopefully they'll tell me how to proceed with OFT. Alternatively wonga will read the emails I sent, acknowledge receipt of the money and removed charges/reinstate the repayment plan.

You'd think they'd be a bit more helpful since the news about their fraud has come out, but it appears not.

best way in future is ring and make payment it comes off straightaway. By doing bank transfer they sit on it for days before posting to your account.

Good luck with everything

No fedup12. Thats not the best way. The best way is to make a payment via standing order and keep a record of it. When they choose to update their records is THEIR problem not the debtors. Once the debtor has paid the money to clear the account, then the debtors side of the contract is fulfilled.

Lets not get into the fact that it is a very very bad idea to give a PDL your bank details in any case.

Also, did they try to take the card payment even though you had cancelled the CPA? Or didn't you ask them to cancel it?

I hadn't cancelled the CPA and couldn't remove my card details from their website. I moved my money to another account and they tried to debit it anyway.

They have now acknowledged receiving my bank transfer but haven't edited my account balance to reflect this. They also told me bank transfer takes 3 days which is odd in 2014.

I'm just going to do what renegadeimp has suggested and keep to my payment plan and send them a complaint through the post. If you keep at them they will probably set up a repayment plan for you.

Do NOT do a bank transfer. Set up a standing order. Also, depending on their bank, you can do a fast bank transfer which arrives at the destination account in a few hours. Most banks do this free.

No fedup12. Thats not the best way. The best way is to make a payment via standing order and keep a record of it. When they choose to update their records is THEIR problem not the debtors. Once the debtor has paid the money to clear the account, then the debtors side of the contract is fulfilled.

Lets not get into the fact that it is a very very bad idea to give a PDL your bank details in any case.

Ok thanks for your advice I just worried that it took long time to show but . you are right it's their problem thank you and sorry for giving bad advice.

Not bad advice fedup12. Just differing opinions. The OP is free to choose whatever way they wish to proceed.

i had a repayment plan in place for 6 month, now on month 7 they have cancelled it, and i have to fill in their I&E of which they sent and here is a screen shot of it, way to much information they require

my situation is on my own thread, just thought i would give you an idea of their I&E

You have their bank details. Just continue repayments and tell them your circumstances remain unchanged.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick follow up on this as I don't know if its been mentioned elsewhere, but I was affected by the current FCA ruling and was told by wonga that my debt would be wiped. They have since contacted me to ask why they have not received the latest payment on my repayment plan. Obviously I won't be paying them but they did try and take money from me. Unbelievable.

If you had it confirmed in writing, then they sent that letter and you have proof they tried to debit the account, contact the FCA. Don't ignore it. Theyre likely doing it to a lot of others too.