style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a really bad case with my council! i'm a single mother and i should get housing benefit as my ex partner left me! he left me with £900 rent arrears and won't pay any! got housing benefit and some woman from council came out to see me 3 times she turned up early when i finally got to see her she had suspended my claim and told me and my mum that it would be reinstated! all i had to do was wait! what a liar she was! as i was aware i was getting benefit, until the assisiation rang me up saying there was no benefit going through! i am now in nearly £3000 rent arrears! went to court the judge said i got to pay £44 extra onto my rent! i'm still waiting for housing benefit! that extra£44 a month would be my benefit i get for my littlen! so i am now taking my ex partner to court for the rent arrears as i want half cos he is on the tenancy!

if he would of paid the rent then i wouldn't be in this mess!

Hi Debz,

Was you ex-partner on the tenancy agreement? If he was then you are not responsible to pay his half of the arrears.

You could visit the Shelter website, they are great for advice. Plus you can email any questions and they are very good at responding.

I take it the woman from the council was from the benefits section? You could put a Subject to Access Request in. They have to give you all the information they have on you, including any notes, interviews they have carried out with you. This may give you some grounds for appeal.

Are you still waiting for housing benefit? and will they backdate it? This may clear some of your arrears. Not sure about the Judge's decision but you may be in a position to put an appeal in against this.

Good luck, Joan.

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11

hiya joan wats the address for the website??? yeah my ex partner is on the tenancy! i claimed housing benefit on the 2nd october and they are only going to backdate it to then! because i wasn't aware of not receiving housing benefit and neither was my housing assisiation! so i had to put in a new claim!

thing is i'm really annoyed cos i want to move to a new area and they won't move me until the rent arrears are paid off! and i can't do that! i have no idea how i am going to pay it:(

Debz

Try Shelter: Advice and support or just type shelter into a search engine. You can contact them by phone or email. They generally reply really fast.

Good luck x

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11