End of fixed term - mortgage company have got wrong date

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Hoping for some guidance on a mortgage which is heading towards the end of it's 2 year fixed period, seems as though Virgin Money have made a mistake.

In June/July 2012 i went to buy my first house. Things didn't quite go smoothly and we didn't complete until Nov 2012. The mortgage we took was a 2 year fixed rate with Northern Rock (now Virgin Money).

Everything's been fine since, but today we got a letter through the post from Virgin Money stating our fixed period is coming to an end and we'll be on SVR from 1st July this year. This is good for us as it'll be approx £90/month cheaper, but it seems like a mistake as the mortgage wasn't taken out until Nov 2012, so i would expect to be on the fixed term until Nov 2014. Have logged into my mortgage account online and it confirms the correct date my mortgage was taken out, but also says that special rate (i.e. fixed term) ends 1st July.

Has anyone come across this before of a 2 year fixed rate only lasting 20 months? Also, if it is a mistake would i be liable if Virgin Money realise this at a later date and ask me to pay the amounts they didn't charge me for (i.e. the £90/month that SVR will be)?