• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Carter/Freds old co-op bank account

wakelin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All...new here..but seems like the place to be right now...

went through a period of illness got into debt.

.in hostels etc for a period of years and now got my life back

- however after not being a position whatsoever for the last eight years to look at debt stuff

it would seem they follow me everywhere and truth be told I have no idea about half of them!

Got a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors saying they have been instructed by Fredrickson on behalf of lowell financial to issue court proceedings

withing the next eight days (27th march)..

.they are saying to 'if you dispute liability for this debt please provide your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of any defence you may have...'

They do not state what the amount relates to...£2K.

..but fredricksons have said it was lloyds (may be co-op) in a previous letter

- due to the nature of my illness I cannot honestly remember what the heck the debt was for

whether I had an account with either lloyds or co-op.

..so my question is what do I do now?

Iam now in a position to turn my life around and deal with these things..

.should I just ring them up as they ask or write to them?

I have seen a few examples of letters to write but not sure if ringing would be easier...

Your help would be hugely appreciated!!

How old is this debt?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

NEVER EVER RING A DCA or their fake/tame solicitors

they are NOT BAILIFFS

And have NO SUCH legal powers

go get you credit report

see if this debt shows.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK will do...should I send a letter requesting a CCA form (there seems to be a few templates kicking around)....just been reading up on BC and he seems to be quite an aggressive chap:)

Lol Carter aggressive? Nope. he just tries to threaten people, then the second a defence is filed, he runs off with his tail between his legs and passes it back to the creditor.. he does it every single time without fail.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks for that - makes me feel a little better - trying to read up on all of this is no way to spend a sunday!! So what do you reckon...letter to prove it OR ignore him OR letter requesting CCA?

Thanks again...can't believe people are so helpful :) kind of restoring my faith in mankind!!

Im not sure of your next step but someone can advise better. be aware, that you need to get your cards in order. Lowells and carter are very litigious, but prefer judgement by default as they rarely hold a legit debt.

go get you credit report

does it show?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes you are between a rock and a hard place but as dx100uk says you need to start at the beginning, get your copy of your credit file, this will list your debts and who owns them and how much, last payments and the such.

Start slowly, don't let Carter fluster you, but DON'T ignore him, he likes nothing better than a default CCJ. if you get a letter from Northampton post up straight away for the best advice for the next steps.

Noddle is free to sign up with.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi All..

..right..got credit report and

a similar amount from lowells shows I defaulted in December2008....

.hmmm what to do..

.send Bryan Carter a letter or lowells..?

and if so what kind of letter?

The account apparently was set up in 2006.

..cheers for all your help :)

Hi..I dont actually know...it could be an overdraft or a credit card...crap I know..but I honestly dont know! Sorry

It is important to know which type of account this is as different actions are required>

e.g. There is no CCA for a current account/overdraft, whereas there is for a credit card or loan.

Have you checked your credit reference files?

Lowell being the "owners" of the account will usually mark credit file entries such as "Credit Card from Lowell" or " Bank Account from Lowell".

You can send a ' prove it letter' to Carter, there is one in the CAG library that you can amend to suit.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi All...it shows on Noddle as a current account...interesting that BC doesnt mention the name of the bank or what the amount is for....I think it may be an old overdraft? Running out of time to respond to BC now as he wants an answer by 27th march....thanks again for help

Ok there is no CCA for a current account/overdraft.

I suggest writing to Carter:

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xx.xx.xxxx, regarding an alleged debt you claim is owed by me, your letter is vague and does not specify an "original creditor" or the alleged amount your client is claiming.

Given the lack of information provided I deny any liability to your client and suggest that you return the file to your client.

Please take note any court claim will be robustly defended.

Use signed for post check delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brigadier...should I also send the whole 'Prove it' letter template...also Fredricsons and BC seem to play letter tag...presumably BC will simply say fredricksons wrote to you etc etc...

Thanks Brigadier...should I also send the whole 'Prove it' letter template...also Fredricsons and BC seem to play letter tag...presumably BC will simply say fredricksons wrote to you etc etc...

Hi send one recorded + template to Carter copy to Lowell & Freds by normal post Lowell addressed to Ms Sara De Tute Director of Compliance the she will see how useless Carter is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brigadier and everyone else- hope your still out there!

Just go a response back from BC after I sent him a prove it letter...this is the response..

Thank you for your letter dated x March 2014

We confirm that this debt relates to an outstanding Co-Operative Banck account account number xxxxxxxxxx. The account was assigned to Lowell Financial on the 28th December 2102 and you would have recieved notice of assignment at the time of assignment. The account was opend in April 2006 and defaulted on 4 December 2008.

It is out clients policy to provide agreements to its customers at the point of contract and statements throughout and therefore you have already been provided with validation of the debt. If you require further copies you may request these from our client: address of lowells etc

We are acting on the instructions of our client who believes the outstanding balance is lawfully due to them and we are acting reasonably. We and our client deny harassment and any such claim will be vigorously defended and you are put to strick proof ofsuch serious allegations.

We should be grateful if you would contact us by 15th April 2014 with your payment proposals. Please note should we not hear from you by this date collections activity may resume.

Yours Sincerely

BC

What do you guys think? Any comments would be much appreciated

Good morning Wakelin.

This is a bank current account, for which there in no actual CCA anyway.

Did you send a copy of the letter to Lowell/Freds?

Did you mention harassment in the letter? I don't see any mention of it the thread.

Not sent the prove it letter to Lowells yet...the standard prove it letter has a section on harassment in it...another automated call from freds a second ago! Unsure of the next step

Prove it letter direct to Lowell addressed to Ms de Tute.

Keep a record of all the calls!

State you will only communicate in writing and all telephone contact must cease.