Tax Credits letter - please help

Wimpy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm scared I'm going to lose my job, my house, I don't want my daughter to see me like this when I pick her up later. She just thiinks mummy's poorly at the moment which I am just gettnig over virus but this TC stuff is making me worse. I really need some advice please.

I have gave you advice. I don't know what else I can say to you. I can't tell you it's all going to be fine because I don't know you or your case.

As I said if you are genuine then why worry so much? Why would it make any difference to your job?

If you are really that ill have you spoken to your doctor?

If you want genuine help and advice then why not go to CAB?

It is a genuine single claim and I know you only have my word on that but based on what he has told me today I think they will throw the book at me if this is the information they have. I am sick with worry. I'm thinking the worst now. I can't help it. I sent off all the evidence to support my single person claim which shows that I'm self supporting paying absolutely everything bills, mortgage, shopping everything but looking at some of the other threads it seems to count for nothing. It seems as though if they can link someone to you regardless of situation they deem that person to be living with you. His bank statements go to his home address and he has a catalogue acc which he used to get D Xmas pres other than I don't know what else he has. I just hope that the evidence I have given is enough to support my claim.

BB I am sorry I know you have given me advice I am just really worried. I have always been by the book but this is something totally alien to me and its scaring me. I know I have to wait for their decision but I'm just thinking the worst outcome. Been to Drs who have signed me off work for couple of weeks. I contacted CAB when I first got the letter as I was worried about the maintenance payments via joint acc and kitchen appliance. My Dad has also paid money into my acc for birthday/Xmas but they said this would be a gift and not to worry about that. They said to explain to HMRC which I did on the phone and thats when the lady on the phone said there was something else coming up, which panicked me as I don't know what it is. CAB said to send everything off and come back to them if there were any problems. I just can't help thinking the worst. What is the worst that can happen?

They haven't deemed that you are living together. They are just asking you to prove your circumstances. If you are claiming a benefit then they are well within their right to ask you to do this.

They do the same with peoples work details, their income, their childcare, all sorts of things. The only difference is that with some of your circumstances they can just check other systems. With single/joint claims they need to ask you. They can't guess or assume.

If people didn't cheat the system they wouldn't have to. The amount of people that claim as a single person when they have a partner is ridiculous.

Telling you the worst that could happen is not going to help you.

Wait for a decision. If the decision is not in your favour - appeal it.

That's all you need to think about for now.

• Haha 1

Thank you. Hopefully the evidence I sent speaks for itself. I understand about why they are doing it but when the letter comes through your door its frightening even though you know yourself that you've done everything right. I just feel like I'm living in a nightmare at the moment!

I've been on the phone to CAB waiting and they are closed now. Will have to try tomorrow. I know I've only just sent the paperwork off but I can't help the way I feel.

BB thank you for your last post. It has put my mind at rest a little. When the letter came through initially I was OK and took advice from CAB of the issues outlined in previous post. That reassured me then with what has happened since its just put me in a panick because I don't know what I can do about it except sit it out and wait for a decision. I'm worried about eldest D with her health issues and the flat which I'm hoping will be sorted out for her. My little D keeps cuddling up to me at night. I'm sure she knows something is wrong as her Dad hasn't seen her as often. I've tried to keep it together.